Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CCW holster for Glock 19

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by manakiah, Feb 13, 2010.

1. manakiah

manakiah Issaquah Wa Member

Looking for a good ccw holster for a glock 19 any suggestions? Thanks Jason

2. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

milt sparks vm2, galco summer comfort

3. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Big +1 on the Milt Sparks VM2. They are worth the wait...

4. wou42

wou42 Portland Active Member

I love my Custom Carry Concepts Looper FWIW. Lightweight, thin, and strong.

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

For a good holster at a good price with not much wait at all, I'd give Crossbreed Holsters a try. I like my Supertuck I use for either my 19 or 26, and also have a Microclip for a Kahr. ..... Galco Summer Comforts work well also, but imo are not as comfortable. Never had the patience for a Milt Sparks ... I might order one one of these days for my 1911 or a revolver that I know I'll have forever ....

6. The Good Bad & The Ugly

The Good Bad & The Ugly Pacific Northwest Member

I carry with the Fobus Holster. It is a paddle style which works good. It is also a quick draw so unless you draw with a snap it isn't going to come out.. I have included a few pics. They are also rotating so that makes it nice as I pack in the back. I also have the shoulder harness that these mount too and also rotate. I was turned on to them by the Sheriff as that is what most of his guys use. Hope this helps, if you need more pics I have them. :thumbup:

DSC02811.JPG

DSC02812.JPG

DSC02816.JPG

7. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Willamette Valley, OR Member

Here's a sort of continuum of holsters that I'll consider, depending on how much I want to spend and the intended use. I generally prefer leather IWB but there are some exceptions:
    • Uncle Mike's (OWB, kydex)
    • Don Hume H-715 clip on (IWB, leather). I have one for my Glock 30.
    • Blade Tech UCH (IWB, kydex)
    • FIST holsters (mostly IWB, kydex)
    • El Paso Saddlery, various models, notably the Tortilla (OWB, leather)
    • Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake (OWB, leather, IWB clips available)
    • Andrews Custom Leather MacDaniel II (IWB, leather) I have two. Last experience included a lengthy wait time, though not as bad as the absurd times some vendors regularly advertise.
    That Custom Carry Concepts "Looper" mentioned above looks interesting. I may be on the prowl for a new one myself, though OWB in this case.

With a relatively light gun like the Glock you don't want to get a holster that'll weigh you down, IMO. The Simply Rugged, for instance, might be too much holster for that gun. The Crossbreeds are nice if you need to support a heavy gun it all day, every day, and want IWB, but they're a bit bulky for my taste. That's a big hunk of leather to be strapping over your hip. I had one of their regular IWB holsters (not Supertuck) for a XD subcompact, and I found it a bit much. Then again, my taste in holsters runs toward the minimalist.

-- Sam

8. half_right_face

half_right_face Ashland, OR New Member

Anybody have experience with a SERPA holster? I was looking into maybe getting one for my Glock 19.

9. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

I like the quality of the Galco Concealable holsters. Its an outside belt holster that tucks the gun in very tight against the belt. They are not cheap but worth the money.

10. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Southern Oregon Member

I carry my G27 in a CTAC. You wouldn't think that a kydex IWB would be comfortable but I can wear it all day without any pain.

11. SNoB

SNoB Portland New Member

Take a good look at blade-tech holsters, high quality products based in the northwest.

12. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

13. manakiah

manakiah Issaquah Wa Member

I will most likely carry IWB. At 6:00

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  14. half_right_face

half_right_face Ashland, OR New Member

I'm looking for either IWB or OWB at 5:00

15. Humpyslayer

Humpyslayer Kent Member

I have a Kramer horsehide for my in waist band and a Blackhawk Serpa for my outside the pants. The Serpa is a friggin' sweet holster and I love it. My Kramer great but it's not as comfortable as the one's I've owned from them in the past. I'm thinking bout finding either a different model from them or trying out a new manufacturer.

16. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Milt Sparks VMII. It is worth the wait. Buy quality and only cry once.

17. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

Galco IWB , Glock 26 , you'll never be sorry

18. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

Yeah, I broke one last year (paddle installed). I carried it every day for a year and I am not too impressed with how it didn't hold up.

I switched to a Safariland 5188 and it has served me well. Great holster for under $20.

19. SKIPPER99

SKIPPER99 Peck, Id Member

I have carried either a mdl 23 or 22, depending on which job I'm working, in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa nlt 6 sometimes 7 days a week, never a malfunction and as comfortable as I could ever expect. Also it is the only authorized carry holster issued by my primary employer who equipts around 150 officers. It's top level IMHO

20. pokobt

pokobt N. Coast Oregon Member

I have tried a lot of hosters- anymore I simply order from Simply Rugged- simplyrugged.com. He makes custom leather; famous for his sourdough pancakes. I have had him make me pancakes for snubbie revolvers, large autos, a mini LCP- I absolutely love them all. The way they fit the gun is perfect, snug, don't need retention. They can be used on stong side, strong side 2 oclock, 5 oclock, or cross draw- very flexible for clolthing and your mood that day. I always feel I more than get my moneys worth.