JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a good holster at a good price with not much wait at all, I'd give Crossbreed Holsters a try. I like my Supertuck I use for either my 19 or 26, and also have a Microclip for a Kahr. ..... Galco Summer Comforts work well also, but imo are not as comfortable. Never had the patience for a Milt Sparks ... I might order one one of these days for my 1911 or a revolver that I know I'll have forever ....

I carry with the Fobus Holster. It is a paddle style which works good. It is also a quick draw so unless you draw with a snap it isn't going to come out.. I have included a few pics. They are also rotating so that makes it nice as I pack in the back. I also have the shoulder harness that these mount too and also rotate. I was turned on to them by the Sheriff as that is what most of his guys use. Hope this helps, if you need more pics I have them. :s0155:

DSC02811.JPG

DSC02812.JPG

DSC02816.JPG

Here's a sort of continuum of holsters that I'll consider, depending on how much I want to spend and the intended use. I generally prefer leather IWB but there are some exceptions:
  • Uncle Mike's (OWB, kydex)
  • Don Hume H-715 clip on (IWB, leather). I have one for my Glock 30.
  • Blade Tech UCH (IWB, kydex)
  • FIST holsters (mostly IWB, kydex)
  • El Paso Saddlery, various models, notably the Tortilla (OWB, leather)
  • Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake (OWB, leather, IWB clips available)
  • Andrews Custom Leather MacDaniel II (IWB, leather) I have two. Last experience included a lengthy wait time, though not as bad as the absurd times some vendors regularly advertise.
That Custom Carry Concepts "Looper" mentioned above looks interesting. I may be on the prowl for a new one myself, though OWB in this case.

With a relatively light gun like the Glock you don't want to get a holster that'll weigh you down, IMO. The Simply Rugged, for instance, might be too much holster for that gun. The Crossbreeds are nice if you need to support a heavy gun it all day, every day, and want IWB, but they're a bit bulky for my taste. That's a big hunk of leather to be strapping over your hip. I had one of their regular IWB holsters (not Supertuck) for a XD subcompact, and I found it a bit much. Then again, my taste in holsters runs toward the minimalist.

-- Sam

I have a Kramer horsehide for my in waist band and a Blackhawk Serpa for my outside the pants. The Serpa is a friggin' sweet holster and I love it. My Kramer great but it's not as comfortable as the one's I've owned from them in the past. I'm thinking bout finding either a different model from them or trying out a new manufacturer.

I have carried either a mdl 23 or 22, depending on which job I'm working, in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa nlt 6 sometimes 7 days a week, never a malfunction and as comfortable as I could ever expect. Also it is the only authorized carry holster issued by my primary employer who equipts around 150 officers. It's top level IMHO

I have tried a lot of hosters- anymore I simply order from Simply Rugged- simplyrugged.com. He makes custom leather; famous for his sourdough pancakes. I have had him make me pancakes for snubbie revolvers, large autos, a mini LCP- I absolutely love them all. The way they fit the gun is perfect, snug, don't need retention. They can be used on stong side, strong side 2 oclock, 5 oclock, or cross draw- very flexible for clolthing and your mood that day. I always feel I more than get my moneys worth.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top