JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For a good holster at a good price with not much wait at all, I'd give Crossbreed Holsters a try. I like my Supertuck I use for either my 19 or 26, and also have a Microclip for a Kahr. ..... Galco Summer Comforts work well also, but imo are not as comfortable. Never had the patience for a Milt Sparks ... I might order one one of these days for my 1911 or a revolver that I know I'll have forever ....

I carry with the Fobus Holster. It is a paddle style which works good. It is also a quick draw so unless you draw with a snap it isn't going to come out.. I have included a few pics. They are also rotating so that makes it nice as I pack in the back. I also have the shoulder harness that these mount too and also rotate. I was turned on to them by the Sheriff as that is what most of his guys use. Hope this helps, if you need more pics I have them. :s0155:

DSC02811.JPG

DSC02812.JPG

DSC02816.JPG

Here's a sort of continuum of holsters that I'll consider, depending on how much I want to spend and the intended use. I generally prefer leather IWB but there are some exceptions:
  • Uncle Mike's (OWB, kydex)
  • Don Hume H-715 clip on (IWB, leather). I have one for my Glock 30.
  • Blade Tech UCH (IWB, kydex)
  • FIST holsters (mostly IWB, kydex)
  • El Paso Saddlery, various models, notably the Tortilla (OWB, leather)
  • Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake (OWB, leather, IWB clips available)
  • Andrews Custom Leather MacDaniel II (IWB, leather) I have two. Last experience included a lengthy wait time, though not as bad as the absurd times some vendors regularly advertise.
That Custom Carry Concepts "Looper" mentioned above looks interesting. I may be on the prowl for a new one myself, though OWB in this case.

With a relatively light gun like the Glock you don't want to get a holster that'll weigh you down, IMO. The Simply Rugged, for instance, might be too much holster for that gun. The Crossbreeds are nice if you need to support a heavy gun it all day, every day, and want IWB, but they're a bit bulky for my taste. That's a big hunk of leather to be strapping over your hip. I had one of their regular IWB holsters (not Supertuck) for a XD subcompact, and I found it a bit much. Then again, my taste in holsters runs toward the minimalist.

-- Sam

I have a Kramer horsehide for my in waist band and a Blackhawk Serpa for my outside the pants. The Serpa is a friggin' sweet holster and I love it. My Kramer great but it's not as comfortable as the one's I've owned from them in the past. I'm thinking bout finding either a different model from them or trying out a new manufacturer.

I have carried either a mdl 23 or 22, depending on which job I'm working, in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa nlt 6 sometimes 7 days a week, never a malfunction and as comfortable as I could ever expect. Also it is the only authorized carry holster issued by my primary employer who equipts around 150 officers. It's top level IMHO

I have tried a lot of hosters- anymore I simply order from Simply Rugged- simplyrugged.com. He makes custom leather; famous for his sourdough pancakes. I have had him make me pancakes for snubbie revolvers, large autos, a mini LCP- I absolutely love them all. The way they fit the gun is perfect, snug, don't need retention. They can be used on stong side, strong side 2 oclock, 5 oclock, or cross draw- very flexible for clolthing and your mood that day. I always feel I more than get my moneys worth.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top