JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The DOJ proposed new regulations because it found them "necessary to address an emergency because of the public's safety interests in preventing persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm from obtaining CCW license."

As if persons who are "prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm" are going to give a damn about not getting a CCW license!
This is 100% just another kick in the gut to law abiding citizens and does nothing to reduce crime.

preventing persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm from obtaining CCW license."
, do they not do a BGC when you apply for the CCW ergo it should come up as prohibited?

just another rainbow unicorn fart law

my-rainbow-fart-unicorn-blondia-bert.jpg

Its not like just anyone can get a CHL in California anyways, they are a "may issue" FFS.

"nobodys trying to take away your guns"

The DOJ proposed new regulations because it found them "necessary to address an emergency because of the public's safety interests in preventing persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm from obtaining CCW license."

As if persons who are "prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm" are going to give a damn about not getting a CCW license!
This is 100% just another kick in the gut to law abiding citizens and does nothing to reduce crime.
They know, they don't care, that was the point to begin with. They just make these obvious BS statements to give their brainwashed base something to regurgitate.

preventing persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm from obtaining CCW license."
, do they not do a BGC when you apply for the CCW ergo it should come up as prohibited?
When I worked down there as an LEO I was researching security guard licensing for an investigation. I found out that if you were a felon, currently in state prison, you would likely qualify to get a security guard permit because you had not committed any crimes in X number of years...because you were locked in in prison. Perhaps they closed this loophole...but likely not.
Its not like just anyone can get a CHL in California anyways, they are a "may issue" FFS.
If you win the, "I happen to live in the right county" lottery, it is not too bad (but they are really trying to make it horrible all over). Statewide it is still more expensive, you have to qualify with each gun, and take an approved class, so you are correct, unless you have pretty good financial means it is tough. Good job Cali for making it tough on the little people (as they see them).

The CCW instructor is not the one responsible to run a BGC. That would be the DOJ and the issuing agency.
Changing the instructors licensing requirements are not going to change that. This is just a run at raising the price to get and keep a CCW. The instructors will have to update their training and raise prices to cover that.
The current rate is near $300 for a new license and $200 for a renewal. The state is trying to push that number closer to $500. That puts it out of range of those unwashed masses! DR

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews