JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,
Looks like I scored some last minute free tickets to tonight's Timber game.

I know the field has a policy against firearms, so making the assumption of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy and compliance if asked to leave:

Does anyone know if Providence Field operates metal detectors/wands for Timbers games?

Hope someone with an answer comes along before then!

Maybe not Answer. I got wanted with my Glock 17 and it didn't detect anything. Though I am not sure that she even turned it on.

Was that at a Timbers game?

I went to a Seahawks games last year where I got wanded, and the giant steel buckle on my Wilderness belt didn't set it off .

Pretty sure that one wasn't on either.

Last Edited:
The last time I went to a Timbers game they were wanding and looking in purses, but just spreading open the main compartment. I put my CC in a side pocket of my wife's purse and she went right threw. Went into the bathroom stall and put it back on my person.

The last time I went to a Timbers game they were wanding and looking in purses, but just spreading open the main compartment. I put my CC in a side pocket of my wife's purse and she went right threw. Went into the bathroom stall and put it back on my person.
Like I said, no wands tonight, but that was exactly what I was seeing with purses/bags.

Easy ways to fool a wand/metal detectors at a sporting event:

1. The fake knee brace. If you have or can borrow one of the heavy-duty full sized knee braces with metal hardware, it should be pretty easy to slip a compact single-stack semi inside of it. A back, elbow or ankle brace would also work. The gun will still set the detector off, but at a place like the Moda center (formerly known as the Rose Garden) with a big line of people waiting behind you they will assume the brace is at fault and they aren't going to make you take the whole thing off.

2. The fake insulin pump. If you use or have access to one, just clip it to your belt and carry your gun IWB directly underneath it. Its a medical device, by law they have to let you bring it in, and they aren't going to make you unplug it and take it off in order to satisfy the detector. Remember you are dealing with a ticket-taker, not a trained professional security expert. They don't want any confrontations and they will accept what looks like a reasonable explanation without asking too many questions.

3. The glucose meter. My wife is diabetic and she has a little kit in a zippered pouch that holds her glucose meter as well as a couple of insulin syringes, extra test strips etc. With a bit of tailoring or a few extra strips of Velcro it would be pretty easy to make a false bottom in it that can hide an airweight J-frame or a LCP/3AT/S&W Bodyguard sized pistol. They are sensitive enough about not discriminating against persons with medical issues or disabilities that they wont give a glucose meter any more than a cursory examination.

4. The bra holster. Flashbang makes a bra holster for women that can easily conceal a compact pistol. It will still set the wand off, but your wife/girlfriend can tell them that her bra has a metal underwire and start acting embarrassed and angry if they ask any questions about it or want to spend too much time wanding her chest area down in front of hundreds of other people. She could also show them a glucose meter and claim to be wearing an insulin pump in her bra which they are almost certain to take her word for rather than risking a lawsuit for discrimination or sexual harassment.

5. The binoculars case. Bring a pair of binoculars in a case with a false bottom or hidden pouch that conceals a small pistol. Set it on the table, walk thru the detector or wanding area, and let them peek inside. They aren't going to make you take the binoculars out or waste time digging around in the bottom of the case.

There are probably other ways; if you think of one post it here. Remember that they are trying to get people thru the line as fast as possible, and from what I have seen the whole exercise is mostly for show anyway.

SportJoke.JPG

For reals.. after that one a hole bit that other a hole, he feigned he was hurt.. classico tardation.

soccer-world-m39-ita-uru.jpg

Oh, and no wonder you got bit.. yo momma set out mismatched shoes for you that morning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top