JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well the same trail camera caught another trespasser yesterday.....

bear 092215.jpg

Similar laws in Wa, basically there has to be no way for them to get onto the place where they are without seeing a sign or ducking a fence. Life becomes hard for them if they refuse to leave when asked. Those are the rules for trespass, poaching I think has a completely different set of laws, however from what I can tell until they kill, it is actually only trespassing....

That said, not a good idea walking around trespassing with a deadly weapon in the ready position unless you want to be greeted by the owner accordingly.

According to the WDFW hunting pamphlet land owners Do NOT have to post there land for it to be trespassing. In Klickitate co. Land owners are notorious for not posting there land you almost have to have a gps map defining public and private to hunt there. In my younger days I got chased out of a couple of areas because I unknowing I was trespassing. I have also knocked on doors asking for permission some agreed some didn't the really good areas wanted a trespass fee of 500-1000.00 and I think that ok too.

Stacy

According to the WDFW hunting pamphlet land owners Do NOT have to post there land for it to be trespassing.

this is correct, it is trespassing even if there are no signs or fence, however if you want to charge them with trespassing you, as the land owner have to remove any doubt that they knew they were trespassing. If there is any way for the trespasser to claim they did not know, your only recourse is to ask them to leave. If they do not leave then you can charge them, assuming you can get a cop out there in time to catch them while on your property.

Sadly you can not force them to stay and get charged, if they leave there is nothing you can do about it.

this is correct, it is trespassing even if there are no signs or fence, however if you want to charge them with trespassing you, as the land owner have to remove any doubt that they knew they were trespassing. If there is any way for the trespasser to claim they did not know, your only recourse is to ask them to leave. If they do not leave then you can charge them, assuming you can get a cop out there in time to catch them while on your property.

Sadly you can not force them to stay and get charged, if they leave there is nothing you can do about it.

I didn't know that good info. Even though you should be able to charge them with trespassing Kinda doesn't make sense does it its trespassing but we can't charge them because you didn't post it. Go figure!!!

Stacy

It's unfortunate when a landowner's truck suddenly breaks-down and won't start when its parked right behind a tresspasser's truck, car, or OHV; preventing them from driving away....hopefully, the disabled vehicle can be moved as soon as possible.:cool:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/105.700

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR