JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL.... awesome.

One time while duck hunting me and a buddy were standing on the river bank looking out over the water, and all of a sudden this bufflehead duck comes zooming out of nowhere flying full speed straight at us just above the water and swoops straight up just feet in front of us at the last moment... I totally reflex shot him and he went straight up about 25' and fell straight down and landed with a "plop" at our feet with his lower bill shot off.

We just stood there all.... :eek:

I've done it with a pheasant. Lit out of thick brush, went right overhead in the woods, popped it, and down it fell into my hands. Witnessed by two old hunters who just stood there jaw agape shaking their heads.

Duck are probably your best chance like @Stomper said I have had them come right at the blind then go straight up shot a few that landed with in feet of me .
Probably could have caught it but I was busy trying to shoot the other ducks in the group

My first thought after reading the title to this thread is what kinda idiot has to chase a bird because they can't shoot straight!
Lol I have had to chase down a wounded bird before lol .shoot it it falls into the brush .and like a idiot I walk across the pond to get it leave my gun in the blind.get close dam thing takes off . RUNNING and flapping wings across the pond into the field .no dog so I chase the dam thing 100 Yards .
Point here never leave your gun in the blind

Lol I have had to chase down a wounded bird before lol .shoot it it falls into the brush .and like a idiot I walk across the pond to get it leave my gun in the blind.get close dam thing takes off . RUNNING and flapping wings across the pond into the field .no dog so I chase the dam thing 100 Yards .
Point here never leave your gun in the blind

HAHA now that is funny. I went pheasant hunting in Kansas with my dad, uncle and four cousins. No dog so we would just get in a line and walk the milo fields. I was on one end and my dad and uncle on the other. Jumped a pheasant and it was like world war 3 was breaking out six people shooting at the damn thing as it flew over.

I took aim and dropped it. Its now stuffed in my Man cave! :D

All this duck talk reminds me it's that time of year.i need a new duck gun .
I always used my 870 but it's been converted into a home defense gun .
I want a auto but I want a lefty .I need to do some looking around. For one that doesn't cost 1600 bucks .lol

HAHA now that is funny. I went pheasant hunting in Kansas with my dad, uncle and four cousins. No dog so we would just get in a line and walk the milo fields. I was on one end and my dad and uncle on the other. Jumped a pheasant and it was like world war 3 was breaking out six people shooting at the damn thing as it flew over.

I took aim and dropped it. Its now stuffed in my Man cave! :D
Yep I been phesant hunting and seen a bird fly and get shot at by 5 or 6 guys and just keep on flying .not one guy hit it

I didn't get out to the range today I didn't get home till 02:30 so I slept in a little bit but I did get up and go to the gun store.
Just got home I had to order it because they didn't have a lefty in the store.
But order a FRANCHI AFFINITY .
left hand waterfowl gun 750 bucks

I didn't get out to the range today I didn't get home till 02:30 so I slept in a little bit but I did get up and go to the gun store.
Just got home I had to order it because they didn't have a lefty in the store.
But order a FRANCHI AFFINITY .
left hand waterfowl gun 750 bucks

Sweet! Satin finish 2 3/4", right?

It was more money but sense I had to order it they gave me a deal about 100 bucks off they had a lefty at the store but someone had already put money down on it

And I told them I buy all my gun at this store so lol .
My friend used to be a employee or manager .there but he went back into law enforcement .
After taking a few years off .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top