JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The thumbnail of this video says it all:

During the entire time the thieves are stealing a cat from a Prius, the lookout aims a firearm at the door of the house, probably because they are aware of security cameras.

Generally, it is illegal to run out of your house and shoot someone breaking into your car.

However, I wonder what happens when the thief is holding a gun to your home? I have to assume the thief has just changed what a homeowner would be allowed to do? No? Seems like it'd be better for the thief to not display a firearm at all.....

BTW, I don't feel bad for anyone who owns a Prius, just for the record!

During the entire time the thieves are stealing a cat from a Prius, the lookout aims a firearm at the door of the house, probably because they are aware of security cameras.

Generally, it is illegal to run out of your house and shoot someone breaking into your car.

However, I wonder what happens when the thief is holding a gun to your home? I have to assume the thief has just changed what a homeowner would be allowed to do? No? Seems like it'd be better for the thief to not display a firearm at all.....

It would be interesting to get a legal opinion on this. Would it be legal to pick off an armed trespasser who is pointing a gun at you? Do they have to fire a shot at you first, or is criminal menacing enough?

It would be interesting to get a legal opinion on this. Would it be legal to pick off an armed trespasser who is pointing a gun at you? Do they have to fire a shot at you first, or is criminal menacing enough?
I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv, but I'm pretty sure that if you were going out your front door and a dude was pointing a gun at you, that you would be pretty justified in being in fear for your life. Again, not a lawyer.

Last Edited:
I kind of feel like pointing a gun at the house (that you can see on CCTV, apparently) is putting anyone in the house at risk, and is a direct threat.

Probably would be somewhat similar to what would be legal if you were confronted in your car in a similar manner??

Obviously, don't go out the front door! (that's where the thug was pointing the firearm at in the video)

I normally prefer a shotgun for home defense, but in this case since your car is so close I recommend an AR-15 carbine with a 223 varmint round that won't over penetrate.

The lookout is threatening everyone in the house with grave bodily harm, yes you are legally cleared to end the threat by shooting him dead.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv, but I'm pretty sure that if you were going out your front door and a dude was pointing a gun at you, that you would be pretty justified in being in fear for your life. Again, not a lawyer.
Out the door or inside, the guy is pointing a gun at you and/or your house. When that happens, if they aren't LEOs (pretty obvious when they are stealing your cat converter) then they are endangering you and your loved ones.

I.E., free fire zone.

I posted this in another thread 4 or 5 days ago. I wonder if the culprit has a CPL or served in the military, or was a security guard? He keeps his finger off of the trigger.

https://neighbors.ring.com/n/ZgrvXkDt4O
Good observation!

If he is knowingly and intentionally keeping his finger off of the trigger, you'd think he'd also realize he is now an open target. A LEO would probably be in the clear to neutralize him right there. But, then again, Prius.

Glad to see others are asking the question, I've wondered the same.

If I saw that on my security camera, I wouldn't open the front door for risk of being instantly shot as soon as he saw the door start to open.

Would I then be legally justified in shooting him from a place in my home that he wasn't aiming at, such as a second story window?

It Depends.....

On the DA and sometimes even on the racial extraction of the parties involved.

THIS is NOT a divisive post. Because it's what plenty of people are probably thinking nowadays but aren't allowed to say it.

LOL....BUT, But, but....JUSTICE is blind.

Rrrrrrright.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Didn't click but he might have had rickets as a child.
Like Orenthal James Simpson?
DA35D245-7D41-43C6-8919-1ED7143E8FC6.jpeg
OJ ❤️ Certaindeaf…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR