JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll have to try coconut oil and the canola oil. I've been using lanolin but it's sticky as F after and the cases need thorough cleaning afterwards to eliminate it.

I tried Pam cooking spray. God-awful mess.

So it does make your fingers stink. I knew it!
Nice thing about lanolin or coconut oil, it makes your hand soft and I don't worry about side effects. However, the rough and tumble crowd here be thinking you've been hanging with Rosie Palms when they shake your hand....

I'm liking the coconut oil idea, I just need to figure out how I can thin it enough to put in a spray bottle.
I didn't bother. I ladle the mix onto this tray to saturate the felt and then I press on a set of cases with my palm, push them enough to coat the whole case and they're ready to go. I get interrupted a lot, so having only a few ready at a time prevents me having to clean them off.
You learn to calibrate the mix/felt amount. With lanolin spray, I used to have a problem with dented shoulders. With the coconut, it's extremely rare.
Cannot remember where I got the tray, probably goodwill.

1581734016856.png

I currently do the ISO and lanolin. Works amazingly well for lubrication, but if left to sit for awhile it does become quite sticky. Had a pretty hard time getting it off the inside of the plastic tub I was using to hold the lubed brass.

Nice thing about lanolin or coconut oil, it makes your hand soft and I don't worry about side effects. However, the rough and tumble crowd here be thinking you've been hanging with Rosie Palms when they shake your hand....

'Bout spit my damned coffee all over.

I currently do the ISO and lanolin. Works amazingly well for lubrication, but if left to sit for awhile it does become quite sticky. Had a pretty hard time getting it off the inside of the plastic tub I was using to hold the lubed brass.
Lol, yep. I had to toss a couple as it was impossible to get off.

I use large zip lock bags now. Just toss them afterwards.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top