JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tried that and it didn't work that well. Better to try the above recipe, buy case lube itself, or use carbide dies whenever you can that don't require case lube for most operations.

Home made Lanolin and alcohol lube works excellent for sizing and clans off easier than any other lube I have used. Dillon
lube works good but costs more. Amazon has a nice package of alcohol, Lanolin and 3 spray bottles.

Somehow I get grossed out with the thought of lanolin.....
Lanolin (from Latin lāna 'wool', and oleum 'oil'), also called wool yolk, wool wax, or wool grease, is a wax secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals. Lanolin used by humans comes from domestic sheep breeds that are raised specifically for their wool.

"Wool Yolk" "Sebaceous Glands" ? Ooof.
It's going to make your fingers stink.

I used to use that. Now use 50% coconut oil & 50% IPA (99%).
Even less expensive, cleans off easier, the mix doesn't separate like lanolin/ipa, doesn't discolor your brass, and you dont smell like you had a ewe in some galoshes.

So it does make your fingers stink. I knew it!

Spray canola oil. At first, it'll be messy but once you figure it out, you'll never go back to whatever you were using. I never had a stuck case using canola oil.

After some more research I found many alternative case lubes. I'm liking the coconut oil idea, I just need to figure out how I can thin it enough to put in a spray bottle.
I've been using the lanOlin/alcohol for years but I I'm looking for a better solution. I lube hundreds of cases at a time so that excludes past wax type stuff.

Another candidat:

AF33FF7B-186F-4772-A708-F9A95F95A15B.jpeg

My thoughts for my process is to make damn sure the lube I use will not foul powder charge, as I do not tumble after sizing. Both the one shot and the homemade lanolin/alcohol lube will not foul the powder as I have tested both. They both work quite well for sizing but the homemade stuff will cause powder to stick to case sidewalls so a quick swab out is necessary. Some of the other mentioned lubes above may foul the powder charge so unless you tumble after sizing be aware and take necessary steps to prevent.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top