Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Sporting Systems
Gun Deals
Landhawk Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Low Price Guns
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Case lube with Pledge furniture polish?

robertvarner

Reactions
I tried that and it didn't work that well. Better to try the above recipe, buy case lube itself, or use carbide dies whenever you can that don't require case lube for most operations.

ron

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Last edited:

Mikej

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2015
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
Home made Lanolin and alcohol lube works excellent for sizing and clans off easier than any other lube I have used. Dillon
lube works good but costs more. Amazon has a nice package of alcohol, Lanolin and 3 spray bottles.
Somehow I get grossed out with the thought of lanolin.....
Lanolin (from Latin lāna 'wool', and oleum 'oil'), also called wool yolk, wool wax, or wool grease, is a wax secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals. Lanolin used by humans comes from domestic sheep breeds that are raised specifically for their wool.

"Wool Yolk" "Sebaceous Glands" ? Ooof.
It's going to make your fingers stink.

Reactions
Spray canola oil. At first, it’ll be messy but once you figure it out, you’ll never go back to whatever you were using. I never had a stuck case using canola oil.

OP
BlackdogGS
Reactions
After some more research I found many alternative case lubes. I’m liking the coconut oil idea, I just need to figure out how I can thin it enough to put in a spray bottle.
I’ve been using the lanOlin/alcohol for years but I I’m looking for a better solution. I lube hundreds of cases at a time so that excludes past wax type stuff.

osprey

Reactions
My thoughts for my process is to make damn sure the lube I use will not foul powder charge, as I do not tumble after sizing. Both the one shot and the homemade lanolin/alcohol lube will not foul the powder as I have tested both. They both work quite well for sizing but the homemade stuff will cause powder to stick to case sidewalls so a quick swab out is necessary. Some of the other mentioned lubes above may foul the powder charge so unless you tumble after sizing be aware and take necessary steps to prevent.

UPCOMING EVENTS

ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
Wes Knodel Gun Show
Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center
3800 SE Airport Way, Redmond, OR 97756, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    My wife went into to pickup a firearm she bought from a online retailer and shipped to sunset firearms. She had a great experience and had a...
    • NWArborist
  • Independence Indoor Shooting
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought one firearm and many other random items at IIS. The gun was priced really well, and was the best price I could find the area. My...
    • TDH
  • Stockpile Defense, LLC
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought a few lowers here, and many other AR parts. They have a really nice selection of guns and parts, not just AR. They are willing to...
    • TDH
  • Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS