JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not saying this is what you should do. I am saying this is a likely scenario. If you want to protect your family from this you need to have enough water, food, fuel, and medical supplies to last the duration of a disaster - say 30 days minimum.

If you don't are you prepared to watch your family starve or go without essential medical treatment so you don't have to fork over your guns. It's not necessarily day 1. It might be day 20.

Just opinion but it's why men should learn to feed themslves, someday they may have to.

Would this government turn away you wife and kids if you don't give up your guns?

Just opinion but it's why men should learn to feed themslves, someday they may have to.

We are in agreement there. That's why I have approaching a 60 day supply of beans and bandages. I'm behind the curve in water and fuel. I can't have livestock where I am, but if I could I would. At my next place I will.

Would this government turn away you wife and kids if you don't give up your guns?

The government that engineered an unelected Governor?
The government that abused emergency legislation to steamroll anti-gun legislation?
The government that refused to represent a challenge to an Amendment of the State Constitution passed by 2/3 of We The People?

Naw, nothing to worry about here... personally nothing would surprise me.

The government that engineered an unelected Governor?
The government that abused emergency legislation to steamroll anti-gun legislation?
The government that refused to represent a challenge to an Amendment of the State Constitution passed by 2/3 of We The People?

Naw, nothing to worry about here... personally nothing would surprise me.

If you can't trust them when you are armed I doubt I would give up my guns to them. However if they have lots of food and won't allow you to work for it then it's not a government of the people.

In a big disaster no telling how many would lose their prep to fires or floods and maybe all you have left to feed you and your family is your rifle. For them to take your protection and outside food gathering ability would be tyrannical, not many would have a chance to live when a tyrant runs things.

I am eyeing leaves because not sure I got 30 days of TP. Water I can walk to saltwater and boil filter, etc or we have the spring that feeds our little 4 household area.
Food, good for well over 30 as we have been canning (well the missus has) and we even started some sauerkraut this year. Pears are done, apples over the next week.
I think I will read the county plan here because being in the islands we have a whole nother dynamic than most. Also next time I see our local county councilman chat with him. Seems a pretty straight forward guy. Where I live I keep a pretty low profile on my political leanings. I do know my landlord who is probably a liberal libertarian never met a raccoon he wouldn't shoot.....

Brutus out

If the home owners complied. Most will roll over on their backs waiting to be scratched, some will not!!!o_O

I think there will be a spark, the spark and the government will become the enemy of the people very fast. It is "they" that will cause the total reboot not the people. Kind of a walking dead scenario, but the zombies will be the government goons that try to implement such a scheme. America is not Africa, The Middle east nor asia. We have some very unique people here contrary to what the left wishes to make us all believe. America IS a special place and it will stay that way !

Mark W. is correct about the impracticality of disarming everybody in an affected area, unless that area is very small. That doesn't make it any less important to know if firearm confiscation is in their plans. Impracticality has never been a barrier to the govt mentality, and such laws are likely to be selectively enforced.

Here is a scenario where they can get you to turn your firearms: After the disaster strikes you go to whatever emergency food/supply/medical center is set up. They check your name against the list of firearms they have associated to you (OSP has previously been caught maintaining such an illegal list and we only have their promise it's been deleted). The bureaucrat who checks you in notes that you still have firearm sn's registered to you, so until you bring them in it's "no soup for you.

Your family is starving or needs water or medical attention.

I've read a lot of brave talk in this thread, but what do you really do when your family is effectively held hostage?

Well that last comment got me. I still believe in death before dishonor. I have led a good life, but will never become anyone's slave as long as I can move. I know younger folks fear death and that is a right they have but faith goes a long ways to freeing them.
The one thing I do pray for is the people, mostly National Guard or LE have family and realize that it is also their families that will suffer if they try to conduct unlawful acts on the citizens. I don't know if they truly believe what they did when they took their oath, and I somehow most may just went through the actions without fully understanding the reality of what they swore to.
I guess only time and events will tell us the answer to that. That is also a daily prayer...that those events do not come to us in America.

Only the left will bring that here. They are "patient zero".

Plus add to that the weight and volume and it turns into tons of firearms that would have to be moved and tons of ammo. Pysicaly it would take decades to round them up while at the same time people would make more of them.

Do not forget they would also be using them.

I think the point the above posts are missing is we are talking about a natural disaster or a SHTF situation and most, if not all, communication will be down. That's what made the Katrina confiscation successful; most had no way to communicate to be rescued, let alone tell anyone about their guns being taken, many couldn't spread the word because they were just too busy surviving and let's not forget that the confiscators had comm's and mobility that the victims didn't.

I believe that "The Heretic" is right on track here because in a natural disaster or a SHTF situation, the vast majority of people will be without comm's and/or too busy with the act of surviving for the word to get out, let alone, have the ability to get the word out faster than the confiscation crews are moving.

Another problem is, it's not like it was in the days of our forefathers, where they had specific lines of communication in their communities and abroad. In everyday life now, we don't have the need for messengers like they did. We depend far too much on technology and that has left us soft, complacent and vulnerable. Hell, most people now days don't even know how to communicate without their electronics.

While they may not get them all, I believe with a concerted effort they could get many many more, if not most from a community than most people think could.Ray

I think there are so many radios out there that comms will go on and will be quickly coordinated. The biggest problem with comms is power and batteries and charging systems is what will be in short supply until that coms will be alive and well.

I have dedicated Ten, Fifteen years to Living on with home made power, I now have Solar, which is designed for my type thinking... Those electric operated gates, powered with a solar charged Battery??? I got Eight of those panels, and that is enough to run my very efficient small, quiet refrigerator...

Gas cooking.

Food Supply: ~I will just say, ENOUGH~ and varied.

But fits the Beans & Bullets & Bandages theme.

philip

Judging by a lot of the comments, it's the same place the trolley went on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, so I'd say, anything is possible. :)

If they would turn away a mans wife and kids because the man chosen to forage for food and not give up his gun then they are killing the wife and kids. Not the kind of people I would trust my families life with. Safety is a big part of Maslows man and to take your ability to stay safe is to take away your ability to be a free man.

What the gobberment would fear most is containment. They can not maintain containment in in countries with limited resources and communication so how can they do it here.
In Katrinia there is something very fishy about that and I have always thought it was.
There were not enough armed LEO and officials to go house to house and confiscate yet the news and media made that was known. That of its self is odd since when does the media ever promote firearms rights abuses, but they did in Katrinia.

One has to ask was promoting marshal law and gun confiscation a fear precursor.
So forums across the USA would discuss how they did it and that it could be done.
But was it really done? And if so was it only a handful made to look like it was full blown.
I am one of the tinfoils that have seen allot that shows SandyHook was total setup, I also saw in California on a live feed a Southern California search result in the police burining down a cabin a fugitive was in, after he had killed several cops. But the story was told it was accidental however in the live feed you could see a man light the place up in the back corner of the cabin, that never made the new either. I try and only put my tinfoil hat on when it clear there s enough evidence. I think that containment is not possible unless all out shoot first ask questions later would occur. There simply is not enough staff gobberment to go all out, and remember Hitler and Stalin both used intimidation of threat to rule the people. And that is really what we are looking at is the gobberment making sure we think they can do it, by doing this brainwashing containment would be easy. What history will also not show and is not in history book but a google search will verify the Jews in Europe when they were originally armed out manned the German army and gobberment by millions. It was done by fear and intimidation something the media sells in the most perfect of ways.
In closing remember recently. Fear the Confederate Flag, why? ............Because they told you to.

One thing I'll add about a quake here that would be different from Katrina, and might help word get around a bit quicker, is that they were under a lot of water, so movement was highly restricted. Likely here, movement on foot, horseback, and maybe even cars to a limited extent (depending on road conditions, blockages) would likely allow a bit more mouth to mouth communication to take place.

It's true that it may be easier to share news in the PNW than it was during Katrina, but then again it may not depending on the all factors concerned.

Look at how many bridges, rivers, creeks and even just a small streams there are in the PNW. For example, lets look at Silverton since it was already brought up. If the big one (earthquake) hit there in winter time and all bridges in the area came down, almost half of town would be inaccessable from the other half due to Silver Creek* being swollen. Then if a person wanted to get to family that live in Mt. Angel or Scotts Mills, they would have the Abiqua* to deal with. I'm not saying that people couldn't get through, but people on foot or horse back won't be as fast as the Gov't teams with air support.

I'm not saying I believe that it could or would happen, but the way politics in the PNW is going, I wouldn't put anything past the prog lib's when it comes to guns. I just think we all need to look at all possibilities and be prepared, just in case.

Ray

* I haven't been home in probably 20 years or so, so I'm not really sure what the flow for Silver Creek or the Abiqua is like now days.

............. And that is really what we are looking at is the gobberment making sure we think they can do it, by doing this brainwashing containment would be easy. .............. It was done by fear and intimidation something the media sells in the most perfect of ways.
In closing remember recently. Fear the Confederate Flag, why? ............Because they told you to.

Could this be the begining?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ecutive-order-government-use-behavioral-data/

Ray

What the gobberment would fear most is containment. They can not maintain containment in in countries with limited resources and communication so how can they do it here.
In Katrinia there is something very fishy about that and I have always thought it was.
There were not enough armed LEO and officials to go house to house and confiscate yet the news and media made that was known. That of its self is odd since when does the media ever promote firearms rights abuses, but they did in Katrinia.

One has to ask was promoting marshal law and gun confiscation a fear precursor.
So forums across the USA would discuss how they did it and that it could be done.
But was it really done? And if so was it only a handful made to look like it was full blown.
I am one of the tinfoils that have seen allot that shows SandyHook was total setup, I also saw in California on a live feed a Southern California search result in the police burining down a cabin a fugitive was in, after he had killed several cops. But the story was told it was accidental however in the live feed you could see a man light the place up in the back corner of the cabin, that never made the new either. I try and only put my tinfoil hat on when it clear there s enough evidence. I think that containment is not possible unless all out shoot first ask questions later would occur. There simply is not enough staff gobberment to go all out, and remember Hitler and Stalin both used intimidation of threat to rule the people. And that is really what we are looking at is the gobberment making sure we think they can do it, by doing this brainwashing containment would be easy. What history will also not show and is not in history book but a google search will verify the Jews in Europe when they were originally armed out manned the German army and gobberment by millions. It was done by fear and intimidation something the media sells in the most perfect of ways.

We are not Germany, the population owns 280 million guns by last count. It's the elephant in the room that no other county has, we are an armed citizenry. Plus a lot of us love our country and won't tolerate tyranny, notice how the dems were voted out in the last two elections.

I don't need a tin foil hat to recognize corruption in government, I just need my neighbors to help me vote the corrupt out.o_O

It's true that it may be easier to share news in the PNW than it was during Katrina, but then again it may not depending on the all factors concerned.

Look at how many bridges, rivers, creeks and even just a small streams there are in the PNW. For example, lets look at Silverton since it was already brought up. If the big one (earthquake) hit there in winter time and all bridges in the area came down, almost half of town would be inaccessable from the other half due to Silver Creek* being swollen. Then if a person wanted to get to family that live in Mt. Angel or Scotts Mills, they would have the Abiqua* to deal with. I'm not saying that people couldn't get through, but people on foot or horse back won't be as fast as the Gov't teams with air support.

I'm not saying I believe that it could or would happen, but the way politics in the PNW is going, I wouldn't put anything past the prog lib's when it comes to guns. I just think we all need to look at all possibilities and be prepared, just in case.

Ray

* I haven't been home in probably 20 years or so, so I'm not really sure what the flow for Silver Creek or the Abiqua is like now days.

The state doesn't have enough men or equipment to do things in a hurry:D. Plus if it all rattles down they don't have fuel enough to fly or run their vehicles. Bridges down there won't be more comming anytime soon.

States fear is how will they take control in an event. Our fear is how do we stay alive.

We are not Germany, the population owns 280 million guns by last count. It's the elephant in the room that no other county has, we are an armed citizenry. Plus a lot of us love our country and won't tolerate tyranny, notice how the dems were voted out in the last two elections.

I don't need a tin foil hat to recognize corruption in government, I just need my neighbors to help me vote the corrupt out.o_O
I hope to hell people will stand, but to be honest I have not as much faith as many do in trusting thy neighbor. Liberals and Conservatives don't wear name tags, so in a SHTF situation and a line is needed to hold. That will be the test to see where we are a a nation. Sadly it will be a life and death literally when we find out. I have seen just about every walk of life turn on another. The test will be unmerciful if it comes down to having to deal with the precursor and aftermath of and event.

I hope to hell people will stand, but to be honest I have not as much faith as many do in trusting thy neighbor. Liberals and Conservatives don't wear name tags, so in a SHTF situation and a line is needed to hold. That will be the test to see where we are a a nation. Sadly it will be a life and death literally when we find out. I have seen just about every walk of life turn on another. The test will be unmerciful if it comes down to having to deal with the precursor and aftermath of and event.

I have a simplistic view:D if they are trying to take from me then they are liberals and if they are working with me they are not. Taking my gun that I use to forage for food isn't the act of those who believe in self sufficiency, they are people who want control. They would let people starve to death to get that control so my best bet is not to go near them.

It all goes down in a big rattle the government will force people to "work for food":D. Smart people would do better gleaning for their own food and staying away from the tyrants. Geez I would never want to be around a bueacrat who has power over all the food.:confused:

Beans, Bullets, & a Bible. Could also include those bandages. The CSZ quake "will" be this nations largest natural disaster.

Neighbors that don't prepare are worthless pieces of dung, never let them drag you to their level. Be ready to survive for no less than one month, not going to be a Sunday School Picnic.

With bridges down, roads closed, no communications; local relief ain't coming anytime soon. On my walk today around the hood, I counted no less than a dozen structures built under 12.5KV HV powerlines. Home owners got away with this without building permits,"Lame County" did nothing & neither did the power company. Bring your hot dogs & condiments....burn baby burn.

Take a walk around your hood, do these idiots have a clue? I don't think the National Guard will waste much time looking for guns in my hood, they will be melted & useless.

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads