JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a simplistic view:D if they are trying to take from me then they are liberals and if they are working with me they are not. Taking my gun that I use to forage for food isn't the act of those who believe in self sufficiency, they are people who want control. They would let people starve to death to get that control so my best bet is not to go near them.

It all goes down in a big rattle the government will force people to "work for food":D. Smart people would do better gleaning for their own food and staying away from the tyrants. Geez I would never want to be around a bueacrat who has power over all the food.:confused:

I appreciate your points, maybe my tin foil hat fits a tad tighter then some. Over the years my trust has gone down zero even if a person appear to be good I tend to keep one eye open.

Judging by a lot of the comments, it's the same place the trolley went on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, so I'd say, anything is possible. :)
Its why the multiple mil helos were flying all over today they are preparing too :( The use the term mass-casualty prep. (BS) So folks, those that think preparing and arming are a tinfoil endeavor, just keep thinking that LOL.

Its why the multiple mil helos were flying all over today they are preparing too :( The use the term mass-casualty prep. (BS) So folks, those that think preparing and arming are a tinfoil endeavor, just keep thinking that LOL.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I believe that if a person thinks that preparing for emergencies and storing a reasonable number of firearms for recreational and hunting use, is crazy, they deserve what they get.

There is preparing and then there is "doomsday bunker what's life like on the surface these days" crazy.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I believe that if a person thinks that preparing for emergencies and storing a reasonable number of firearms for recreational and hunting use, is crazy, they deserve what they get.

There is preparing and then there is "doomsday bunker what's life like on the surface these days" crazy.

I do think it prudent to have a plan and the supplies to be self sustaining while on the move ready all the time and things that will hold you for a few months.

"There is preparing and then there is "doomsday bunker what's life like on the surface these days" crazy"

That reminds me, I'll need to watch "Blast From the Past" again...that was one well stocked bomb shelter.
The Dad (Christopher Walken) really cracks me up.

My wife was quick to point out that if we really did experience a Cascadia wide quake at the magnitude people are thinking, that the majority of our supplies would be buried under rubble. I told her I had gloves in the truck and since everything would be shut down, we could spend our time digging for treasure.

Hey, some of us LIKE bunkers... or just plain hate people. :p

Ill admit that if I had the room and the ability Id absolutely have a bunker. I bought a bunch of sandbags off amazon and was drawing out a schematic of our porch and how I would fortify it and my better half said I was crazy. I said "you won't think it's crazy when "zombies" cant get into the house". She just rolled her eyes. I am a little afraid they are going to get stuck like that, she seems to do it a lot.

Well, we all survived not one but TWO Nights of the Living (Brain-)Dead in November 2008 and 2012... when the welfare checks stop flowing those George Romero movies are going to be training films... and "softball for the kiddies" versions at that.

That's actually one of the realest threats I think about. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Just supply them with the salt and pepper and watch them eat each other.
Don't run out of ammo or firepower though LOL.
That is a crazy list of strange movies he did.

So I did get a few minutes this weekend to talk to one of our county councilmen about the big quake. He says the county DP manual is about 3.5 inches thick. Since most houses are on rock here that's not a huge issue. His concern is getting fuel reserves set up. And power since it is no longer generated by diesels but comes via underwater line.He said making a little headway. Didn't have any more time to discuss LE....but he said islanders are good at pulling together.
Me and the missus got beyond 30 plus for most necessities.
I want more BBs always.

Brutus out.

I didn't read any of the posts in the thread. No need to,y'all start arguing and changing the nature of the thread anyway.
The easy answer is
Of course. They can't just let all these people ,even if they did have a NICS check and NEVER have had any violent offenses,walk around with guns.
They will do,or try to do the same as when Katrina went off.
:cool:
OK go back to arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with the original question:D

Hey, some of us LIKE bunkers... or just plain hate people. :p

Yes, but living in the BoonDocks, the need for a STEALTH Sump Pump is my major concern!!!!

philip, when your water table is 3.5 feet, keep your Bunker above Three Feet of Digging, which Provides sufficiant Sand Bag Fill, for 90 % of your Above Ground needs, according to the Latest Data.... :D

Last Edited:
I heard about the Cascadia Playbook on tonight's news. It's Oregon's just released disaster plan that describes the role, responsibilities and activities of each of Oregon's departments. Thinking back on the crap that was done to the citizens in the wake of Katrina like confiscating firearms and forced relocation to FEMA camps, I decided to take a look.

Guess what - the plan is in published for and is only distributed to a few key people in a few key positions. Yup, you can't see what's inside it. None of the news sources I checked had comments turned on for the announcement article. I'm sure nothing is going on here...

This is the extent of the information available to the public:
http://www.oregon.gov/OMD/OEM/public_information/OEM Cascadia Playbook Overview.pdf

Does anybody on this forum have visibility into this document, and if so what does it say about firearm confiscation?

Have looked all over and no one has that data. If they do they are sure clammed up about it. The best way to be sure is get the consensus among all gun owners to refuse or fight should they try any confiscations. If not the 2nd means nothing anyway.
We are a FREE people. Never allow yourself to be herded. If you do you are nothing but cattle, livestock and slaves. Never allow a Katrina scenario happen again.
Also pray daily that the scenario does not play out in our time. Fix it politically at every election.
If not get a collar and sit and do nothing and wait for them to lead you to their pens.
Those that won't be cattle, help the ones you can help, defend the ones that you can and stay strong and independent with like minded people.

@ #76

Crickets.

They are good for telling the tempeture, if you remember that Biology class.

Out in BoonDocks Country, making friends starts with discussing George's new Tractor, And how good the Hay season was. Next thing you know your envited to help butcher the Hog.

Country Life, is Living. I asked my Egg Lady if I owed her money, wondering why my Supply was cut off.
"No Eggs" "Little early for molting" "Yep, just don't have Chickens Right Now .... Damn Badger's @ Racoon's..."

Her bunker is deeper than mine, Hill Side folks :rolleyes:

philip, its how yah talk, our LGS announced Sunday Hours, went after Church, made two new Friends and ordered a pistol not in the case... Only ghing missing was the wood Stove, Cracker Barrel, and Checker Board, got all the news I needed.... And Shared some that Had not been Heard....

Crickets

philip

@ #76

Crickets.

They are good for telling the tempeture, if you remember that Biology class.

Out in BoonDocks Country, making friends starts with discussing George's new Tractor, And how good the Hay season was. Next thing you know your envited to help butcher the Hog.

Country Life, is Living. I asked my Egg Lady if I owed her money, wondering why my Supply was cut off.
"No Eggs" "Little early for molting" "Yep, just don't have Chickens Right Now .... Damn Badger's @ Racoon's..."

Her bunker is deeper than mine, Hill Side folks :rolleyes:

philip, its how yah talk, our LGS announced Sunday Hours, went after Church, made two new Friends and ordered a pistol not in the case... Only ghing missing was the wood Stove, Cracker Barrel, and Checker Board, got all the news I needed.... And Shared some that Had not been Heard....

Crickets

philip

Yep Crickets for sure :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR