JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You might try this; carry as you usually do and go to the event. If you get patted down and they want you to remove your pistol...go to the car and lock it up...in the trunk, under the seat, etc. ..then go to the event. Simple, easy.

This is my course of action also. The Paramount is a private venue and I'm a believer in Property Rights too. If they find my weapon...to the car it goes.

I've never been frisked while carrying but can imagine it may involve some surprised looks if they do find something. The person doing the search may not be experienced and may freak out. Keep in mind, that since you're the one carrying, safety is your responsibility.

Nobody is going to like this answer. Even me. Especially me. What I am hearing here is a complete kow tow roll over KNOWINGLY giving up your Constitutional Guarantees? Respectfully. Let us put this in perspective if possible.

What if you were going to Sunday Church or a Political Rally and you were faced with the hard choice of giving up your Religious and Free Speech rights .... just to attend that event? To me it is easy. My rights come first.

More respectfully, I am sorry money was spent on benefit tickets. It does not matter. No way would or will I attend ANY event that demands that I give up my rights. It is not going to happen. If given a hard choice, I will not go. Easy.

A lady friend would have to understand this from the get go. I am not perfect. I also do not like crowds. Also do not like to be nice and sunny and circulate at parties acting stupid, but I can and have done so. But always on my terms. Control freak?

Yep. Especially when perceived potential security issues come to mind. Particularly when MY citizen rights come into play. Am I paranoid? Perhaps. Am I paranoid enough? Dunno. Life experiences. I am 70. Very lucky to even be here today.

Reasoning? Just a couple of good reasons. First is I come first. This sounds egocentric and perhaps it is. A second reason is that if enough ticket buyers do not buy nor attend the benefit, the policy will be changed. This will be difficult.

Respectfully.

I ran into this same subject at the Portland MODA Center. They have metal detectors going in and also have wands searching people. I will never buy another ticket there again.

Things might be going through a change here, at least, in King Co.. Went to the Key Arena for Paul McCartney this summer and they were wanding everyone at the door. The guards were nice and had a sense of humor when I asked if this included my 1 1/2 inch Boker money clip - the answer was yes (4 block walk to put 2 knives and a 45 in the truck safe).
Then later we went to a Chateau St Michelle Glen Frei concert and was wanded there. Never happened before and even the gate keepers were surprised and apologized - I've always carried there and I guess everywhere.
My point, I plan on attending fewer concerts....

I'm going to go see a show there soon, and the website doesn't mention concealed pistols at all. I have, though, found a reddit comment by someone who was patted down on going in, and wasn't permitted to carry.
Legally they have no right to pat you down, but it is personal property. I have a .22 magnum NAA pistol. I would wear it with a ankle holster.
If I had to, I would tape it to my balls. I'll be damn if I'll be in a crowd, unarmed. You have regular killers, mental and otherwise and add terrorists to the mix and you would be foolish not to carry.
But I'm older than you and I've seen a lot out there, so I stay home mostly and see everything I want on TV, Netflix and YouTube. When we go food shopping, I'm always carrying. Come to thing of it, no matter where I go, it's a habit to have my .380 hanging on a clip in my pocket.
Better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by six. Lock your gun in the car and sure as shooting, a madman will start shooting up the theater. Your gun does no good sitting in the car. You mighty as well not have bought it.
Sifu

The Paramount's anti-2A policy (such policies are rampant in Seattle) is the reason I don't give them my business. Of course, the insanely high parking fines in Seattle are the reason I very seldom go downtown!

Seems to me, I try to dress right and carry my usual IWB. Only once have I been "caught" and just had to put it in the car and then went in. I kept the holster on and that was okay. Just once in all the years I've carried.

I ran into this same subject at the Portland MODA Center. They have metal detectors going in and also have wands searching people. I will never buy another ticket there again.
Imagine my surprise to find them having suddenly put up the metal detector arches.

Imagine my relief when the subsequent wanding session was clearly inadequate.

I appreciate a business that allow patrons to carry within the confines of the law, but bottom line is, for most of them it's still private property and they have, for most part, the right to set the rules. You have the right to choose where you take your business.

Last Edited:
Wow, I wouldn't go anywhere that patdowns are going on, at least for entertainment. I just don't need that kind of aggravation. I'm amazed that people put up with it (and no, I don't fly any more, either).

One of the best parts about daily carry is that it makes me more aware of important things. If they feel the need to search or use metal detectors on everyone, perhaps we should listen. Do we really want to be in a place where this is necessary? I'd like to think we are good people here. But listen to us? We talk of how to get by the security and carry. Don't you think the people you don't want to have guns are thinking the same thing?

Legally they have no right to pat you down, but it is personal property. I have a .22 magnum NAA pistol. I would wear it with a ankle holster.
If I had to, I would tape it to my balls. I'll be damn if I'll be in a crowd, unarmed. You have regular killers, mental and otherwise and add terrorists to the mix and you would be foolish not to carry.
But I'm older than you and I've seen a lot out there, so I stay home mostly and see everything I want on TV, Netflix and YouTube. When we go food shopping, I'm always carrying. Come to thing of it, no matter where I go, it's a habit to have my .380 hanging on a clip in my pocket.
Better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by six. Lock your gun in the car and sure as shooting, a madman will start shooting up the theater. Your gun does no good sitting in the car. You mighty as well not have bought it.
Sifu
Dude, I hope you shave before you tape, rippin that little 22 outa a taped I situation might smart just a wee bit... :eek:

The Paramount is a private venue and I'm a believer in Property Rights too.

The question I have is: Why do businesses that serve the public, have the right to discriminate against legal Firearm Owners? I do realize many of our Officials and People with Power are afraid of Firearm owners; as we are a threat to their Control of the Masses. Still, it seems to be blatant discrimination that should not be allowed, especially when one is licensed within their state to legally carry. If only we could get through to the mental midgets with power . . .:(

Because they serve the public at their pleasure, it's private property. They can say they don't want people to, and they can stop you from entering if you do, but it's not illegal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top