JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd carry, and if they want to give me a pat down I'd leave and demand my money back. Even if I weren't carrying, I'd leave and demand my money back.

Some things I'll (grudgingly) tolerate a pat down for, avoiding the cancer box at the airport is the only one that comes to mind, seeing a show is not one of them.

I've been to countless shows at all types of venues over the years, and was at the paramount last year (they didn't pat me down, but i guess that probably depends on the type of show you're seeing? I was just at a viewing party). At small shows in Portland at most you get the back of someone's hand running down your sides, sometimes down both the in and outside of your legs, and your arm pits. I was just at a Blink 182 show at the sunlight supply amphitheater and in line my wife noticed they were using metal detector wands on the men so she took my main knife from my front pocket and shoved it in her shoe. She didnt know i had another knife on the back of my belt. I walked up to the security guard thinking i'd have to follow the disneyland rules "throw it away or go away" but they only swiped my sides and front. He got to my belt and just asked to see the buckle. If i had a gun on the small of my back I wouldve got in just fine. You're probably fine.

Although i did just find this on their website:

"Only on-duty officers of the law may carry weapons in our theatres. Patrons may not bring weapons of any kind into our theatres, regardless of any licenses. This includes fire arms."

This here is what my little Bauer .25 auto is perfect for it fits in a wallet type holster that fits in front of my very thin nylon wallet. Unless they take my wallet out of my back pocket they won't know its there. Sure its limited in its combat performance. But history has shown all it takes to stop a shooter in a place like a theater is a single shot their direction and it can sure do that.

Watch to see if they pat people down I guess. But, depending on what your carrying, maybe a pocket holster or appendix carry would get you through a pat down. Inside coat pocket until inside, then put your holster/gun on your belt. Coat pocket so you can hold your coat open for inspection and they won't "feel" it.

Just throwing stuff out there, best of luck.

Back in my younger days, before concealed carry laws, I was a country boy all the way through and had found my way to a rougher crowd to hang out with. Some guys had long hair, rode Harleys, played rock and roll and kept small guns in our boots. That boot carry I still use. Still hang out with that crowd too, rightous patriots.

Back in the day, it was fairly common to get patted down going into rock shows, but boots and bras were pretty much off limits. Therefore guns and knives, knuckles went in the boots and controlled substances went in the bras. The joke was if you did not have a gun at a Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top Ozzy concert you were in the minority.

I have been to 3 concerts this summer and carried a 9mm under my shirt and a 3 inch knife in my front pocket at all events. Oregon State Fair, Portland Meadows and Clark County Fairgrounds. They look in my wife's purse and my camera bag, but no wands or pat downs. That Tarus .380 in a pocket holster looks just like a wallet.

My adult son went to a concert there this summer. He said no pat downs or wands at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. However at the Moda Center in Portland, everyone had to walk through metal detectors. Not a bad idea to carry, he also went to a concert at the Crystal Ballroom and Portland and some big guy tried to strong arm rob him outside the venue. Thank goodness for chain-smoking out of shape robbers, my son made it back inside unharmed.

I'm going to go see a show there soon, and the website doesn't mention concealed pistols at all. I have, though, found a reddit comment by someone who was patted down on going in, and wasn't permitted to carry.

The website's FAQ says that patrons must consent to having any bags being searched, and being wanded with a metal detector.

If they wand you, your gun will be detected no matter how well it is concealed.

Do not go. Never would I consent before hand to an illegal body search. If bushwacked with an non prior announced search I would simply refuse. Then it becomes their illegal burden to either proceed or not to. All they can do is ask you to leave. Which I would. Very vocally. You do have a carry permit don't you?

Do not go. Never would I consent before hand to an illegal body search. . . . You do have a carry permit don't you?

I bought the $300+ pair of tickets months ago, before having my eyes opened to the 2A lifetstyle. And then, there's the expectations I've given the Mrs. for an exciting weekend in Seattle. And seeing me get into it with security guards is definitely not what she has in mind.

And yes, for sure I have a WA permit.

Last Edited:
I'm going to go see a show there soon, and the website doesn't mention concealed pistols at all. I have, though, found a reddit comment by someone who was patted down on going in, and wasn't permitted to carry.
You might try this; carry as you usually do and go to the event. If you get patted down and they want you to remove your pistol...go to the car and lock it up...in the trunk, under the seat, etc. ..then go to the event. Simple, easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top