JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do we really want to be in a place where this is necessary?

Assuming that it is necessary. :rolleyes: Much of this is probably driven by lawsuit avoidance. It's tough to do business in America these days, sad to say.

Why do businesses that serve the public, have the right to discriminate against legal Firearm Owners?

This is a leftist trope that has been adopted by a lot of people who should know better, through constant repetition from the Ministry of Propaganda. Of course, "businesses" are in fact, just people. And people may discriminate against (another word for "choose to associate with") any person they please, for any reason they please - even if a tyrannical government says otherwise. It's nobody else's business if they do. The fact they "serve the public" is completely irrelevant.

Because they serve the public at their pleasure, it's private property. They can say they don't want people to, and they can stop you from entering if you do, but it's not illegal.

I believe a good attorney if we had truly JUST courts, would find differently. There is an assumption being made, that a person carrying a firearm is dangerous. It is my belief, that it is no different than saying someone wearing a headscarf is not allowed. They cannot do that, but there have been places that've tried. I wasn't asking if it is Legal or Not, I was stating that it should not be.

Private property. They can set the rules. We can decide whether or not to go by their rules. We can vote with our feet.

But ... they do NOT HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT to frisk folks before entering. That requires a warrant please. Absolutely no exceptions.

Just me. Respectfully. Cut and run before placing yourself into that illegal and potentially ugly situation. Avoid those battles.

hey do NOT HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT to frisk folks before entering

An interesting issue: 30 minutes of searching and still no definitive answer found with regard to that. It appears they can require search and pat, as long as it is posted or on your ticket stub. Some cases have stated you can refuse and ask for refund, but do not need to comply with the search. At the same time, its appears they are within their legal right to ask you to leave if you do not comply and insist on being allowed in. Still it is discrimination against legal, law abiding firearm owners. They are assuming because you have a weapon, you are a danger. Those who are truly dangerous, are dangerous with or without an inanimate object.
:eek:

Regarding being patted down , an idea I've borrowed from a CWP member on the Walther Forum , is if anyone comments on my IWB, my plan is to misdirect them and explain that's my colostomy bag. If I were to get patted down , I'd tell the one about to pat me down that it doesn't take much to spill the fecal matter and what with my Hepatitis C and all , I could create a HAZMAT situation & I'll be sending them the cleaning bill for my clothing . -While I haven't had to employ this idea , I believe the one doing the pat down would either pass me through or would just go through the motions.
This could not work on a metal detector but it could work in many other situations .
I've carried IWB with full size pistols (4" barrels) and have never had anyone notice or suspect I'm carrying. Which is the whole point of concealed carry , isn't it ?

Its a policy, not law. If they pat you down; get a refund and never support their business but more importantly let the manager on duty know why you want the refund. Feel free to be a little loud so others can hear. Dont be aggressive but be assertive and honest. State that you'll never be back due to their dangerous and foolish policy. I would also suggest hand writing a note to the company.

NEVER disarm for their policy.
By doing that you:
*You risk someone stealing your firearm while you see a movie. Because there are those that listen for these kinds of opportunities.
*You put yourself and the entire theater as risk by disarming.
*You comply with an anti firearm agenda which should go against your beliefs if you actively carry.

This is how anti firearm mentalities get reinforced and become commonplace, when people comply.

Just my .02¢

Otherwise concealed means concealed.
Most theaters dont have the staff or paitence to pat people down. The most Ive ever seen, even at a midnight showing was a bag/blanket/folded coat check, takes all of two seconds and we still smuggled snacks and firearms in.

If your lady is smuggling in snacks, drinks or her own conceal carry firearm in her bag/purse, have her put a pair of her sexy undies on top (clean of course).

Ive yet to see a bag check where they want search further after seeing a pair of lace underwear in a womans bag. Ive done that twice with two different ladies and both times were hilarious when the movie attendent sees them then immediately wants you to move along.:D

Were talking about people's constitutional rights vs a business's property rights. You can kick someone off your property because you don't like the way they look and that's fine. Businesses can't quite do that, but say someone's causing a scene and cussing up a storm. They can't tell you what to say or not say, but they are well with in their rights to ask you to leave. They can also set the rules like no firearms and require searches. You don't have to comply, but they don't have to let you in. If you don't like it then you take your business elsewhere.

I went to see Post Modern Jukebox on Nov. 18th at the Paramount. I too wasn't sure about door security, so I deep carried (essentially 'crotch carry' with a belly band holster) my P938. 'No Firearms' signs posted all over the entrance doors. Security guards were requiring patrons to hold open the front of their jackets (and purses for the women) for a visual inspection. No pat down or wanding. My normal 1911 at 3:30/4 o'clock would have gotten through easily. There was a guy a few people ahead of me that was turned away...not sure the exact reason but overheard him say that he'll go put it in his car and come back. After him and his lady left, I overheard one guard say to another "He should know better than that." and "When they come back, don't let them in."

Also, they have a written 'no coats' rule requiring that you remove you coat while in the building, but it was not enforced.

In my opinion, it's the typical 'feel good' and 'insurance liability' fluff. They're not serious about ensuring the patron's safety. Be smart about concealment and carry on/always. :s0151:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top