JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The NVA did a good job moving supplies and men with bicycles, each bike was packed with 2 ea. 50 pound bags of rice one fed the troop on the trip south and the other fed the troops already there

Buddies and I did an elk hunt a few years ago in an area that was closed to all motorized vehicles during the hunt. So a few days before the closure we towed out old trailer up 6-8 miles into the unit and parked it. Drove out.
Then the day before the hunt we all 4 rode our bikes in pulling trailers made out of those super fancy suspended strollers we located at garage sales. Minimal modification for nice little light weight rigs that could haul elk quarters if need be.

two diff set ups; one with two racks; one with one rack; mostly USGI equipment on it; no gun scabbards or anything like that (YET...)
this is with a relatively short tailed bicycle, rather than a long tailed heavy touring/camping bicycle/cargo bicycle..I've also seen a modification done to a tandem bicycle; remove the "stoker"(2nd person) seat and bars; and put in a 36" long bag on each side to hold a lot of stuff between the two wheels...

tandem bicycle modified;(not mine btw)
6a0120a7ed5f9d970b01287736a3b5970c-800wi.jpg

P7180440_zpsac4c37f9.jpg P7170430_zps1b5beeb3.jpg P7170429_zpsfd4f3410.jpg P7170428_zpsde4198b7.jpg P7170427_zps7e38a3f0.jpg

with the basket; you could in theory hang a lot of pouches on the outside and keep the main cargo bed free for your ammo and such ;)

EDIT: Alternately, you could hang a lot of ammo pouches on the outside to hold your ammo and keep the cargo bed free for equipment and such..but I would put ammo in cans in the main basket and have a few pouches with mags/clips for quick replenishment while hanging training packs and such next around them to hold clothes, food, shelter, and such..and if the tricycle has mounts up front for a rack or basket, you could put your sleeping bag and shelter up front while keeping the heaviest items in the rear...I assume you have a single speed tricycle? I know there exist such a beast that have multiple speeds but those are usually for racing..and the biggest issue is the rear axles with them; most are single side driven, not two-wheel drive which requires expensive differential axles for 5-10 speed rears..

I have had at least 3 adult trikes that were all single speeds, foldable and Worksman brand. Then I found a cool Torker cruiser with a Shimano 3 speed internal hub. The rear axle is single side driven but the 3 speeds are sure nice for the hills to the flats.
May God bless us all,
Mike

nice.....you could upgrade the front chain rings to a triple to give you the option of having a super low gear for hill climbs and attach a derailleur to it; you'll lose the chain guard but gain the ability to have 9 speeds (3x3); you might have to see if your crank is a one piece unit or a three-piece unit, if its a 3-piece unit, then it is much easier to get a triple chain ring set in any size you want..if its a one piece, you'll have to look at old MTB parts and try to find one that fits...hopefully without needing spacers. I see on Google that there are two Torker tricycles, one with electric assist and the other without, and they show both types of cranks.. I also see that the USAF uses them as well ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top