JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to carry a MTB in the back of a IH Scout Traveler while in college. For breakdowns and such. Rarely used it for that purpose though. That was also back when I had much better health and I rode the bike a lot.

I have long held that having an alternate means of travel as backup is a wise idea for anybody, especially preppers. A bicycle is good because it is much more efficient than walking, and faster too. Speed can be an important factor in just about any SHTF scenario - you may be fleeing something/somebody, you may need to get home to care for someone, you may need to meet someone. Range is also important - you can cover 100 miles in a day on a bicycle over relatively flat terrain, that would take you up to a week to cover on foot (especially with a backpack loaded with gear).

An e-bike has more advantages; it has better range & sustained speed. If you are injured (say you were inured in an earthquake) or sick, you may not be able to pedal or pedal up a hill. If you are in poor health (e.g., me due to age/injuries) and can't sustain much exercise, having that electric assist can make all the difference in getting up a hill.

A folding e-bike that you can put in your trunk or cargo area, that is out of sight and therefore more secure, would be a good thing to have if you commute any real distance (like I used to commute 32 miles each way with significant hills) or you are traveling, then this would be a good thing to pack along.

This is one of many e-bikes, including folding e-bikes. I have no experience with it and need to do more research, but the features tick off most of what I want; full suspension, fat tires, different assist modes, folding for keeping in my SUV, cargo rack, etc. - the one thing it doesn't have is 2WD, but for an emergency backup mode, that isn't absolutely necessary. I do wish it had more range - but maybe I can get a spare battery for it. Also, not sure (yet) if it has a regen mode or not.

That said, it seems the price is right.

I am 70 yrs old and still working, I have thought about having a folding bike at work in case we experienced the over due 9.0 EQ. For many years I had a very nice mtn bike in the bike cage locked up but it got stolen :0(. I have looked at the e-bikes but they are too expensive for me.

I am 70 yrs old and still working, I have thought about having a folding bike at work in case we experienced the over due 9.0 EQ. For many years I had a very nice mtn bike in the bike cage locked up but it got stolen :0(. I have looked at the e-bikes but they are too expensive for me.
Bolt cutters are like $10. Keep them in your trunk.

Lol, not really

This is cool but there is something wrong with the audio. It sounds/looks like they did a studio voice-over. It's very distracting. But The Rig is pretty darn cool.

To an ATV/UTV owner, this is a hand-controlled light-weight electric quad. That doesn't diminish it in any way - in fact it makes it a fantastic concept. Nice!
It even has a position for a 50 cal and gunner...

The best type of bike is one that you'll ride. E-bikes are awesome fun and will allow you to ride different terrain efficiently. They are such a hoot.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top