JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CONGLOBAL INDUSTRIES INC
1501 N. SCHMEER RD
PORTLAND, OR 97217
Storage and Shipping Containers for Sale | ConGlobal Industries

CALL 503.265.4106 FOR A QUOTE TODAY.

Or you could buy a semi trailer on wheels that is way cheaper to move. The downside is it's elevated and you would have to build a set of stairs for access.
Here is one on CL today for sale, and they might move it for you after buying it.

Semi trailer excellent condition 1992/53ft dry van, excellent condition, clean dry ready for work must go. $2850 call 253 -314 -7233

I have also been looking for one of these.The 20s are about $1500 and the 40s about $2500

I asked a few people that worked at the ports,and the said the containers sweat a lot.So the inside wold be wet all the time.

I asked a few people that worked at the ports,and the said the containers sweat a lot.So the inside wold be wet all the time.

You know,I have worked for many places that used these for their tool sheds on jobs and many retailers use them for extra,'non-permit' storage (hey cheap and it isn't a building so no permits:s0155:) and I have to say I have never really seen that problem.
Maybe the ones at work were opened enough to dry it out? But I can't believe a store would keep goods in a wet storage container.
A couple of those Max fans? from the RV shop should do the trick.

American Steel
Cargo Containers, LLC
4435 NE 148th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97230
Phone: (503) 205-6253
Email: [email protected]

I would call, they don't seem very quick at returning emails. I don't think that sweating is a problem as long as the stuff inside them is dry and the vents aren't blocked, but you could always ask about that.

I'll second this, I have unloaded many a conex/milvan that had been sitting unopened for a year or so and damn near EVERYTHING inside of it was garbage due to mold and mildew damage. Considering these had come back from the sandbox so there was no moisture inside of them when they were packed I think long term storage in one in the PNW may not be the best option.

my brother has 2 of these buried at his house for an indoor/in ground shooting range.. his don't leak at all, but they are covered in concrete, and he does run fans to pull smoke out almost 24/7 its amazing how much they settle , even somthing this big they moved almost 3" in the first 2 years, broke all of the welds from installation, and had to reinforce.

my brother has 2 of these buried at his house for an indoor/in ground shooting range.. his don't leak at all, but they are covered in concrete, and he does run fans to pull smoke out almost 24/7 its amazing how much they settle , even somthing this big they moved almost 3" in the first 2 years, broke all of the welds from installation, and had to reinforce.

Ha ha,what did he do to prep the pad before he set them in the hole?
A layer of fabric,then some rip rap/quarry spalls (big black rock you see at the entrance to the job sites?),fabric and some 1 1/4 "minus"(the "minus is the sand and little rocks that binds the bigger rock) compacted with a plate whacker,roller,etc then either the container or concrete.
If he didn't do this,then yes,they will keep settling.

We talked about this in another thread,if you bury them,it would be best to backfill with some type of drain rock,with or without the concrete.Then the water will drain to the bottom and go away.Standing water seems to find a little crack to get in things you don't want it in.

Even above ground,if you have nice tillable soil,it would be good to make a pad so it doesn't settle.

he simply scraped our a trench with the dozer from his work, and set them in, they are 11 feet below grade at the deep end and daylight on the goors
back filled with rock and a french drain down each side, then poured a patio slab over the top of one end

A used refer trailer is the best option. They are fully insulated. You can remove the wheels once it's situated on your property.

If you are planning on using these (refer's) for building check out their structural characteristics. They will not hold the load a non-insulated container will (according to what I have read). Also, NEVER, EVER bury a container. Unless you have massive underpinnings and supports for the roof (and even then I wouldn't do it). Not built to hold tons of earth above them. Check out the details on-line. Also, from what I have read, you will want to insulate the outside of the container not the inside. Putting a vapor barrier inside a metal container just seals the moisture against the steel.

Here are some helpful links on-line:

ConGlobal -- Storage and Shipping Containers for Sale | ConGlobal Industries

Riverside Containers -- 333 S. State Street, Lake Oswego and in Portland. Riverside Containers, LLC | Storage Container Rentals and Sales in Portland Oregon

Really cool site that does pre-buildouts of containers for homes --- Prefab Home Building System | Recycled Cargo Shipping Containers | Heavy-Gauge Steel Truss Framing System for Homes and Buildings | SG Blocks LLC

Container Home info -- Shipping Container Homes - How to Plan, Design and Build your own House out of Cargo Containers »

Give some consideration to a used 40 foot semi trailer.. easy to move it later but being sheet aluminum it won't provide as much security if you have real valuables inside.. but anything can be broken into

If you are interested in renting one as opposed to buying one you can call BOXT - I've had one for a little over a year - don't plan on it being permanent as we are still combining 2 households and once everything gets situated it will go. I'm paying $50 / month - think there was a $175 delivery charge but don't recall for sure. In order to get the $50/month rate I had to sign a year minimum rental agreement. If you can't find them on line let me know and I'll dig up a phone number...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top