JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
similar to the danger of tracer rounds, tannerite would be perfectly fine if it wasn't for the yahoos that ruined it for us. I think it should be legal to use in the winter season when it wouldn't hurt a thing on public lands.

We shoot it on my place sometimes. I know a guy who got pretty hurt being in the vicinity of some people shooting it. He actually gave them permission after teaching a firearms class. It picked up some shrapnel from a car that was on the range when it went off and he got pretty messed up. He said he was a ways a way. It say's on the packaging to stay 100 yds back.

We shot some off a cinder block and decided it would be fun to shoot it w/pistols but when we found pieces of the cinder block up to 50 yds away from the blast we thought maybe it wasn't a good idea to get too close.

We still have plans to put a gallon jug of it in an old camper I have on the property and shoot it from the deck 300 yds away, there will be vid of that :)

I think the forum and the majority of its members suggest you follow the rules, and do not condone illegal actions or behavior.

Just throwing out a disclaimer...

Tannerite is the good stuff and then there are the products that have to work around the patented process that does not involve any possibility to have ignition. The rules we have to live by have come from the other products that don't react the same way and raised concerns especially during fire season. I sell Tannerite and Sonic-Boom targets, they are not the same beast.

I would be curious to see if there were pics of the scene. From the description it sounds a lot like either an accident or hold my beer and watch this. If you have a gun why shoot that stuff to kill yourself rather than just shoot yourself. Makes me wonder if maybe he had a negligent discharge while handling the gun and the Tannerite.

I was out at Brown's Camp a couple of years ago when there were some sheriff's deputies standing by to make sure nobody broke any laws. During one of the frequent cease fires there were some people setting clay targets at the far end of the pit, and apparently one of them had some tanerite behind one of them. When someone shot that target it caused a pretty loud explosion and the deputies got all flustered because you are only supposed to shoot paper targets in the pit. Unfortunately after the explosion there was no evidence left to convict anyone of a crime and nobody seemed to know who put the tanerite out there. So, yes you are not supposed to use tanerite in places like than, but some people still do.

Who enjoys quiet on their own private land and suddenly YAHOOS do the BANG-BOOM?

Same idiots do aerial fireworks in dry grass and sagebrush while the wind is blowing 15 mph in OUR direction.

The 911 people say "fireworks" is not their problem. No body; no foul.

Stupid demands Its own way to the determent of others.

You might try Idaho. I don't know Idaho laws, but I do know Boomershoot is great fun: Boomershoot!. Targets out to 700 yards. I helped the crew build reactive targets (we were warned not to use the B word, because it ruffles ATF feathers) year before last, and had to get official agency clearance (similar to a background check) before I could volunteer. Entirely different from Tannerite. The Boomershoot target formula basically causes three components to form gasoline vapor which then...does its thing, spectacularly. More like Hollywood movies than the Tannerite...reaction.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me info on where you can shoot tannerite. I've had people tell me you can just go out on public land and shoot it, but I thought I read online that you can not shoot it on public lands. If not, I guess you have to know someone with private land to shoot it?

Any info would be great. Thanks all.

It's banned for Mt Hood National Forrest and BLM land. Check their websites to see if the orders are still in affect or if they have expired.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top