JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrap them nicely so they don't get scratched or dinged.

NFA stuff? No idea, however it probably depends. I would imagine there is a section at the ATF which might answer your specific question with your specific NFA stuff...

NFA stuff is tricky . A interstate transfer gets expensive as transfer has to go through a dealer who will get a cut of course. Theres a way around it its its under a trust to make the buyer a trustee and transfer the item on a 5320.20 to the other state and while its in his possession it can be transferred on a form 4 in that state to essentially himself. .

NFA stuff is tricky . A interstate transfer gets expensive as transfer has to go through a dealer who will get a cut of course. Theres a way around it its its under a trust to make the buyer a trustee and transfer the item on a 5320.20 to the other state and while its in his possession it can be transferred on a form 4 in that state to essentially himself. .

NSS.

My reply was to:

Any issues with moving to another state with firearms? ie: Washington to Idaho.

And same as above, but with the addition of a NFA item (tax stamped can that belongs to a trust)

Ownership would remain the same, just state of residency would change.

Where as @Mr Smith writes above, ownership would remain the same...

Trusts . Ive got a trust that originated in Oregon. Everything transferred with me on a 5320.20 when I moved to Washington. I am a trustee. I do not own the items . The trust does. If I have assigned a trustee in another state with full trustee privileges he or she can dispose of trust property the same as I can and if an item is transferred to that state on a 5320.20 it would not be an interstate transfer once in that state. It would be an in state transfer. The item is never owned by me or the other trustee. It is owned by the trust entity. The trustee can add or remove items but never owns them. If the trustee sells an NFA item by legal channels and removes it from the trust that is his prerogative as trustee. That is why it is very important to designate what additional trustees are able to do within their scope as trustee. I recently went through an issue where my son in Oregon, who was a trustee, decided to turn one of the trusts guns in to the police in Albany for destruction. Luckily I had limited the scope of his powers as trustee ad was able to retrieve the SBR as he did not have the authority to have the firearm destroyed. No more nothing for that kid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top