JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going to list a handgun for sale soon with those evil hi cap magazines. I'm a Washington resident and live right on he Oregon border. Can I list it for sale to Oregon buyers with the evil mags and to Washington residents with just 1 10 round mag? I'm about 90% sure I can but It doesn't hurt to ask. Unless I get flamed! Lol

Yes.

The transfer will take place in Oregon so the mags would be leaving the state.

I'm going to list a handgun for sale soon with those evil hi cap magazines. I'm a Washington resident and live right on he Oregon border. Can I list it for sale to Oregon buyers with the evil mags and to Washington residents with just 1 10 round mag? I'm about 90% sure I can but It doesn't hurt to ask. Unless I get flamed! Lol
Sounds fine and remember you need to use an FFL so they will be the one to tell you what will fly and what will not since they will be doing the transfer.

Sounds fine and remember you need to use an FFL so they will be the one to tell you what will fly and what will not since they will be doing the transfer.
Sorta. Mags don't have to go through the FFL, just the gun itself. So you could certainly handle the transaction in two parts with the mags going directly to the buyer and the handgun going through the OR FFL.

Sorta. Mags don't have to go through the FFL, just the gun itself. So you could certainly handle the transaction in two parts with the mags going directly to the buyer and the handgun going through the OR FFL.
My understanding is that you can't sell 10+rd mags without going through Ann FFL according to WA State Law.

Note do not mail them or do the transaction in Washington state. According to the unconstitutional piece of junk they passed you can only sell the mags to an out of state person if you are an FFL. Hence sell the pistol. Cross the state line where you can legally bring your stuff and sell or do whatever you want with the mags since you are no longer in Washington.

I have decided that if I want to sell something that's illegal in my state (OR) I will take it with me and drive to a legal state (ID?) and sell it there. I think you need to read the Washington law carefully (I have not), and decide if the mere act of selling in WA is illegal, even though you sell it to someone where it's not illegal. If it's unclear, you might want to consult a lawyer buddy who is sympathetic to your issue. I'm not an active member of the bar anymore, so I can't give legal advice.

WA law only. This section deals with exxeptions to the sale of high cap magazines.

RCW 9.41.370 (c)

(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of a large capacity magazine to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the large capacity magazine from a person legally authorized to possess or transfer the large capacity magazine for the purpose of selling or transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not reside in this state.

It looks like you can transfer it to someone in another state, if you go through an FFL dealer.

But I'm not a lawyer. :)

Note do not mail them or do the transaction in Washington state. According to the unconstitutional piece of junk they passed you can only sell the mags to an out of state person if you are an FFL. Hence sell the pistol. Cross the state line where you can legally bring your stuff and sell or do whatever you want with the mags since you are no longer in Washington.
👍👍

WA law only. This section deals with exxeptions to the sale of high cap magazines.

RCW 9.41.370 (c)

(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to any of the following:

(c) The distribution, offer for sale, or sale of a large capacity magazine to or by a dealer that is properly licensed under federal and state law where the dealer acquires the large capacity magazine from a person legally authorized to possess or transfer the large capacity magazine for the purpose of selling or transferring the large capacity magazine to a person who does not reside in this state.

It looks like you can transfer it to someone in another state, if you go through an FFL dealer.

But I'm not a lawyer. :)
You are correct. But why would I want to pay an FFL to sell something for me unless I had to. In this case if the OP had been up where I am then sure I would just mail the mags and firearm to the FFL in Oregon and be done. But since he's in Vancouver. He can't off to seell them from WA. But WA law no longer applies when he is out of state.
The law as r=written that you stated is a clear violation of the interstate commerce clause. On top of the 2nd amendment. Hopefully the litigation will get done soon so we can go back to not having to mess with this stupid stuff!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top