JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heading over to see my folks in Washington state for a week long visit. . I have a few guns that have modifications that the state of Oregon allows. But Washington state doesn't. Also high-capacity magazines. Is it still legal for me to shoot with the modifications and have a capacity magazines when I'm visiting the state of Washington?

Can you bring the same to California?

If something is illegal in a given state, it's illegal. If possible, swap out the illegal bits. Or bring something different. Or bring whatever you want, it's your hide on the line.

Probably binary triggers.
Unless it was used in binary mode how would anyone know since they're indistinguishable just looking at a firearm with one installed?

Second, via Federal statute you're allowed "safe passage" through a prohibited state on your way to another free state, but you're only allowed to stop for gas along your route. I'm not sure how it works if you have to overnight at a roadside hotel/motel.

I swear my smartphone spies on me…. This just popped up on my YT feed!

Last Edited:
Take hookers instead. They probably don't enforce THAT law anymore. You know you'd be safe with heroin and cocaine too?

Last Edited:
Even LEO carrying under LEOSA have to comply with local regs regarding magazines / firearms they can take. Leave the binary triggers at home just in case. If you're going to a mag-ban state, take 10 rounders or whatever the local max is.

As others mention, firearms & firearms modifications which are illegal in Washington are illegal. Just as in any other state.

The OP is not passing thru, so the passing thru laws do not apply.

Washington has no magazine restrictions, so ANY magazines are fine. I don't know what high capacity magazines are, its a made up term.

As others mention, firearms & firearms modifications which are illegal in Washington are illegal. Just as in any other state.

The OP is not passing thru, so the passing thru laws do not apply.

Washington has no magazine restrictions, so ANY magazines are fine. I don't know what high capacity magazines are, its a made up term.
100 round drums would be "high capacity" on an AR. Standard cap mags are 20s and 30s tho. I guess a 60 round SureFire would be "moderate capacity" since it would be between the standard, and the "high cap" version.

"high capacity" was a term in use before the 94 AWB, lets not kid ourselves or see negative connotation in it.

100 round drums would be "high capacity" on an AR. Standard cap mags are 20s and 30s tho. I guess a 60 round SureFire would be "moderate capacity" since it would be between the standard, and the "high cap" version.

"high capacity" was a term in use before the 94 AWB, lets not kid ourselves or see negative connotation in it.
I suppose some folks can have that opinion.

None of our semiautomatic rifles, nor pistols are assault weapons.

However they would magically be classified as such if there were a restriction or ban. Because the lie "they are" has been told ad nausea. FOR DECADES.

Heck! Here we are having a conversation in regards to Washington States magazine capacity limits. Which they don't have. However, somehow for some reason, the OP got it in his mind that they may.

**Not knocking you OP! Better to know laws, than be caught unawares!**

Unless it was used in binary mode how would anyone know since they're indistinguishable just looking at a firearm with one installed?

Second, via Federal statute you're allowed "safe passage" through a prohibited state on your way to another free state, but you're only allowed to stop for gas along your route. I'm not sure how it works if you have to overnight at a roadside hotel/motel.

It does... the mike is always on and Google is always listening, even when you tell it to stop. That's the point of all those "free" or "low cost" things they offer, get you to give them access to your data that they can mine and turn into targeted advertising.

Unfortunately it's not just your phone. I have been hacked and threatened before. Probably actually Russia or India based on the language.

As far as I can tell customers are SOL if you want to contact a human at Microsoft, Google, ect, for help. They could only admit they can't or won't help you.

I think only once would be hackers found I don't have enough to be worth their time, they just moved on. Working class actually saved the day this time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top