JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd save the GP100 as a more collectable piece. Look at what happened to the Colt snake guns,
Years ago I had to decide which to sell, my GP100 or my King Cobra... I kept the Ruger.
Turned out to be a bad decision from a financial point of view, but I never regretted keeping the GP100, just that I missed-out on a tidy little profit if I'd held on to the Colt.

FYI, Ruger does not use MIM parts. Ruger uses an investment casting method known as the lost was process, which how wonderful things like jet engine turbines are made...
Never confuse Ruger investment "casting" with any other way of forming molten or sprayed metal. It is far from the same.

Right now the two guns mentioned are about the same value. I would sell the 1911 only because the GP-100 will likely go up a little in value, the 1911, not so much and the 1911 easier to replace. IF they are safe queens, that would be my biggest concern.

A little different idea, got any friends that would buy your gun, and keep it tucked away for you just like it is, ready to sell back to you when finances change?

FYI, Ruger does not use MIM parts. Ruger uses an investment casting method known as the lost was process, which how wonderful things like jet engine turbines are made...
Never confuse Ruger investment "casting" with any other way of forming molten or sprayed metal. It is far from the same.

Right now the two guns mentioned are about the same value. I would sell the 1911 only because the GP-100 will likely go up a little in value, the 1911, not so much and the 1911 easier to replace. IF they are safe queens, that would be my biggest concern.

A little different idea, got any friends that would buy your gun, and keep it tucked away for you just like it is, ready to sell back to you when finances change?

Ruger started using MIM hammers and triggers on some or all Revolvers. My SP101 that I bought almost two years ago has a MIM hammer. It's not really a big deal, I'm just picky about little things.

5A903E7A-8743-4A02-B46E-F820F348218F.jpeg

The friend idea is good!

I was in this position awhile back.
Id keep the GP just because it will hold its value no matter what.
The Ruger why nice will be hard to sell Id think maybe $450.00 only because its a buyer market right now.
Stores are selling 599.00 AR's for 399.00, and sales are abound. Around March is good because people have Tax Money.
Sucks, I feel your pain been there and hated it.

I would sell the 1911, you'll never get your money back out of the revolver is my guess.

Of course where I'm at it's hard to sell a revolver, but that SR1911 would sell for $100 to $150 more than you paid for it, as it's private sale in AZ

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top