JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
King County Courthouse is 'up to its keister in alligators'

Why has the area around the King County Courthouse in Seattle become such a nightmare? The King County Council sought answers to that question on Tuesday.

"The two City of Seattle parks adjacent to the courthouse are virtually open-air drug markets," Presiding Judge Laura Inveen told the council.

"Assaultive and threatening behavior, lewd conduct and drug dealing can be seen from the courthouse steps on a daily basis," she said.

Jurors have frequently reported being attacked on the street. Public drug use and dealing are other reported problems. Then there are people going to the bathroom on the sidewalks. The issues are not new to the area, but as Councilmember Claudia Balducci noted, the magnitude has become dramatically worse in recent months.

If you read the "solutions" and "reasons" presented by the "authorities in charge" in the article,you'll realize why the problem is rapidly growing.

Those incompetent putzes won't do much of anything, but they will do plenty of nothing!...
...as long as they get more money.

Last Edited:
I'd like to know how Poverty is to blame! I thought the economy was good and Seattle raised there minimum wage to $15 for god sakes that was supposed to solve it allo_O

I'm with albin they are all incompetent putzes!!

As James Carville mouthed for Bill Clinton's campaign, "it's the economy stupid".

Step one, ruin economy
step two, promise you can fix it if only they give up rights, money, power to you
step three, take action that only makes the problems worse
wash, rinse, repeat

How dare you complain about the residence challenged minority? They are just turning their lives around and the hate just gets poured on them. The drugs provide a heightened experience of the love around them and prove that we have a brilliant and diverse population. And besides, my baby dinna do nuffin!

Do they have gun storage for the unfortunate peons who have to participate?
No. That's the short answer. My Bride has been on Jury Duty several times and while she has a CPL she hasn't been able to use it because of no place to put a Sidearm. If you are a LEO there are places provided by the Officers on Duty but nothing for Civilians. It's lousy but that's the way it is.

I know any easy fix. jury nullification until they clean it up. Called for jury duty? Tell them you plan 100% jury nullification until they make it safe to go there.

The courthouse is only a few blocks from Harborview. I did rotations in the ER there when I was in med school. While I was there they finished an expansion on the hospital but did not expand parking so they made all the med students park in a open air parking lot about 10 blocks away. We had nurses getting stabbed right outside the front door of the ER. No way I was going to walk 10 blocks to a parking lot after a shift getting off at midnight. that was 21 years ago. Not much has changed I see

I tried the jury nullification line once during jury selection. They made me Jury Foreman. I hung the jury and the dude walked on a DUI because they didnt have any evidence other than the cop smelled alcohol and he refused the tests ( smart) . You put me on a jury , you better have ironclad proof.

I tried the jury nullification line once during jury selection. They made me Jury Foreman. I hung the jury and the dude walked on a DUI because they didnt have any evidence other than the cop smelled alcohol and he refused the tests ( smart) . You put me on a jury , you better have ironclad proof.
And be ready to prove that the law itself is right and just too?

And be ready to prove that the law itself is right and just too?

prove smoove. You dont have to prove anything as a juror. You can vote how you feel about the law.

"would a presidential candidate get away with doing the same thing without being arrested or even investigated?" that's good enough proof for me to nullify.

Any law that goes against the second amendment? that's good enough.

Some jack-ov got elected after a billionaire spent millions on their election and then made some crap law to pay them back? that's good enough.

Being a juror is almost like having a presidential pardon ability. You dont feel the law is just and the person should go to jail even if some legislator slammed through that BS law? nullify.

Do they have gun storage for the unfortunate peons who have to participate?

Eons ago when I lived in Pierce County, I had to go to Jury duty almost every year. One time I decide to take my gun since they had lockers for them. Apparently the procedure was to tell security, who would call a deputy, who would then disarm you.:rolleyes:

This female deputy, who I'm pretty sure was my friend/old colleagues mom (I had met her when we went shooting near his house once) proceeded to ask me how many rounds where in my magazines. I told her the number. I don't know that I would do the same today honestly, since it's really none of her business how many rounds I carry, and not a question I'm required to answer.

Personally, if I was a Cop, I'd just have said, cool, you carry plenty of spare mags, I'm glad you're not planning on being a victim. Have a nice day Sir.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top