JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eons ago when I lived in Pierce County, I had to go to Jury duty almost every year. One time I decide to take my gun since they had lockers for them. Apparently the procedure was to tell security, who would call a deputy, who would then disarm you.:rolleyes:

This female deputy, who I'm pretty sure was my friend/old colleagues mom (I had met her when we went shooting near his house once) proceeded to ask me how many rounds where in my magazines. I told her the number. I don't know that I would do the same today honestly, since it's really none of her business how many rounds I carry, and not a question I'm required to answer.

Personally, if I was a Cop, I'd just have said, cool, you carry plenty of spare mags, I'm glad you're not planning on being a victim. Have a nice day Sir.
She may have been asking for inventory. To make sure you got the same amount of rounds back. While I am suspicious by nature, I do realize not every act has ulterior motives.

Flame thrower, then copius amounts of bleach to clean up the mess. Problem solved.
Anyone else hanging around gets a one way ticket to Venezuela.

She may have been asking for inventory. To make sure you got the same amount of rounds back. While I am suspicious by nature, I do realize not every act has ulterior motives.

Why not count them then? She didn't take them out of the mags. If I had money for her to inventory would she just believe me if I told her I had $3,000 on me or would she count it?

Is it any wonder? Drive around Seattle and look at all the tent cities full of squatters. Since it's summer, they swarm other parts of the city.
I was up in Seattle today, stopped at Kobe Terrace (7th & Main) to walk my dogs. The garden park was full of drugged out zombies, easily two dozen. Several were barely cognizant as I walked past, a few would smile vacantly as my dogs approached. Not a single one asked me for money, but it looked like one pair was going to shag right there on the bench.

I don't think I've ever been around that many junkies at one time.

IMO, it IS the economy. Greater Seattle area is booming, it has a reputation of being a progressive city, and the weather temperature swings are not too harsh. The influx of rootless people, runaways, mentally unstable, bohemians or gypsies has been documented for a long time. Historically, the problem didn't come out of nowhere. Did they have plans to address it 20+ years ago when I first started reading about it (and @bolus was suffering from it?) I don't think so. Now it could be considered endemic and it sets up a series of problems. Sanitation is needed immediately. Have you ever tried to take a piss in Seattle? No one will let you use their bathroom unless you are patronizing their establishment.
Because there's nothing for the vagrants, they go where it's convenient.

There's no quick solution without brutality.

Just remember there was a housing crisis that happened back in 2008. If you don't know what I'm talking about look into it. Not everyone that's homeless is a druggie. Sure, most are probably junkies but don't assume all of them are. Sometimes people fall on hard times and there isn't anyone there to help them.

Last Edited:
Just remember there was a housing crisis that happened back in 2008. If you don't know what I'm talking about look into it. Not everyone that's homeless is a druggie. Sure, most are probably junkies but don't assume all of them are. Sometimes people fall on hard times and there isn't anyone there to help them.

So folks who lost there homes / apartments in 2008 have been living in camps since then? I don't buy it.

There were surely some living on the street, but I'd wager dollars to donuts that they worked, and worked hard to get a roof back over there head.

All by themselves.

Without programs nor handouts.

It's the programs and handouts which are a big part of the problem. Why work if I can get free $hit.

Why work if I can get free $hit, $hit anywhere I want AND go get the good higrade $hit for free down at the clinic...

Very true...My wife is a structural engineer and we were hurt by the 2008 housing crisis... house were not being built ... wife's clients not paying on time or at all....My pay as a educator is peanuts.
We were often one pay check away from being homeless.
Many of my rifles were sold to pay for food and a house payment.

It's the programs and handouts which are a big part of the problem. Why work if I can get free $hit.
This is also very true.
I see it it every day when trying to instill a work ethic in a kid , who is in a program of assistance , whose parent / parents are also receiving assistance.
A "Why work , when I can get if for free?" , "Its not my fault" and "Why can't I get more?" attitude can be commonly seen.

Of course when you have a faulty assistance program , one in which if you do land a job , even if you can't make ends meet with it , your assistance is curtailed or cut off.
This is the main complaint I have with most of our assistance programs.
And yes you will have those that ride the system and abuse it...

A long hard look at how our assistance programs work...taking stock of what is working and what is abused ...punishing or denying those that abuse the system...a more streamlined system , getting rid of programs that enable rather than help , etc.. is what is needed.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads