JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Theres never been a court case challenging the excise tax on firearms and ammo. Not that Ive ever been able to find.
My point is there's case law establishing that taxing the "implements" of exercising a right has been ruled unconstitutional and was struck down, maybe there needs to be a challenge based on that so it can at least work it's way through the courts.

My point is there's case law establishing that taxing the "implements" of exercising a right has been ruled unconstitutional and was struck down, maybe there needs to be a challenge based on that so it can at least work it's way through the courts.
I suppose anything is possible until the few mil in attorney fees comes up

The NFA tax was ruled constitutional and it's also an excise tax so unless SCOTUS wants to buck precedence it doesn't sound like a winner
Do you remember what case set that precedence? Are you referring to Cruikshank? If so I believe that case was dismissed because he died before the case was heard and his attorneys didn't bother to show…. 'cuz no client for payola.

Do you remember what case set that precedence? Are you referring to Cruikshank? If so I believe that case was dismissed because he died before the case was heard and his attorneys didn't bother to show…. 'cuz no client for payola.
You mean Miller? If so it wasn't dismissed. The government just ruled the way it wanted the outcome to be.

Last Edited:
"High Taxes, Heavy Regulation and Generally, Unfriendly Business Environment."

Whatever.....
I would say that CA's politics/politicians..... STINK!

Aloha, Mark

"High Taxes, Heavy Regulation and Generally, Unfriendly Business Environment."

Whatever.....
I would say that CA's politics/politicians..... STINK!

Aloha, Mark
its worse than that. Bums "camping" on the side of the road trash all over. Crooks everywhere. California has turned into a complete craphole

California has turned into a complete craphole
Oh no doubt about that - and I can speak with some experience having grown up there in a time when it was a nice place to live but I saw an interesting news story last night, specifically about CA residents who have moved to TX.

Several were interviewed and while some said they were satisfied with their move and were doing well in TX, others referenced many things they missed about CA, and some said they would be moving back and that they considered it 'home'.

Oh no doubt about that - and I can speak with some experience having grown up there in a time when it was a nice place to live but I saw an interesting news story last night, specifically about CA residents who have moved to TX.

Several were interviewed and while some said they were satisfied with their move and were doing well in TX, others referenced many things they missed about CA, and some said they would be moving back and that they considered it 'home'.
Yeah, Ive got to do a business trip to Sacramento week after next. Not looking forward to it at all.

1943 U.S. Supreme Court decision, Murdock v. Pennsylvania,

Contained within the Above decision:

The USSC also found, "A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution." This means the entire Bill of Rights as opposed to just the First Amendment. It is similarly unconstitutional to charge a fee to exercise the right to vote, AKA, A poll tax

Not that truth, and justice are anything more than a comic book phrase.

1943 U.S. Supreme Court decision, Murdock v. Pennsylvania,

Contained within the Above decision:

The USSC also found, "A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution." This means the entire Bill of Rights as opposed to just the First Amendment. It is similarly unconstitutional to charge a fee to exercise the right to vote, AKA, A poll tax

Not that truth, and justice are anything more than a comic book phrase.
Voting isn't even constitutionally protected.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top