JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
17 HMR
22 LR
223 REM
5.56x45 NATO
243 WIN
270 WIN
7x57 Mauser
7mm REM MAG
30-30 WCF
7.62x51 NATO
30-06 SPRG
300 WIN MAG
45-70 GOVT
20 GA
12 GA
9x19 NATO
45 ACP

I could cut that down to:

22 LR
243 WIN
30-30 WCF
30-06 SPRG
12 GA
45 ACP

And still have all my bases covered.

Hello,

My husband has less firearms now as you may or may not remember.

He still reloads and has reloaded from the early 70's.

45acp

30-30 Win.

30-06

45-70

He does have a bit of 45acp and 30-30 Win factory ammunition too.

He does have 22lr and 22wmr ammunition on hand too.

No shotgun now. Three pistols and the rest are in rifles.

Take care.

Cate

.22LR
.38 Special
9x19mm
.44 Rem. Mag.
5.56x45
7.62x39
7.62x51
.45-70 Govt.
12ga.

A while back consolidating of guns and cartridges the above are the ones that survived the purge, here are the ones that did not...

.32 ACP
.380 ACP
.40S&W
10mm Auto
.45 ACP**
.357 mag*
.30-06
7mm-08
.30-30

*This one will come back.
**This has a pretty good change too.

A while back consolidating of guns and cartridges the above are the ones that survived the purge, here are the ones that did not...

.32 ACP
.380 ACP
.40S&W
10mm Auto
.45 ACP**
.357 mag*
.30-06
7mm-08
.30-30

*This one will come back.
**This has a pretty good change too.

I can't remember all of the purged items that my MT husband got rid of before we knew each other unless he was awake and sitting by me now. LOL

I CAN remember most (?) of his purged items when he was downsizing and doing some major caliber consolidation since we were married and before he retired.

My purged firearm calibers:

9mm

38Special and Plus P

357Magnum

45Long Colt

30-30 Win.

44Special/44Magnum (Sweet gifts to me that I did not ask for and I had 2 Smith and Wesson Model 29's in a -2 and -3 if my memory is correct on the dashes! LOL)

I had other firearms in 22lr and 22wmr.

I still have 22lr and 22wmr firearms only in 2 different CZ bolt action rifles now stated in an earlier post here.

Two CZ rifles - two calibers - 22lr and 22wmr.

Cate

Do most of you who have really long lists and a variety of firearm calibers reload?

I know a few of you do reload due to some older threads and posts.

Cate

hopefully in schools too. can you imagine what k through 8 kids would think if they could actually shoulder a piece of history like you pictured above? nintendo would be out of business over night.
that is an awesome display sir.

Thank you.

I have done that at the school where I work...albeit with just my display of fur trade items.
My students love the display and are amazed that they can hold some items that are over a 100 years old.
I am looking forward to doing so again.

Lots of "Hoops" here to go through and explaining about gun laws as well as just what I mean by an antique flintlock rifle. ( the one I would use is a working rifle circa 1800- 1820 )
Luckily for me , my principal is on my side , knows a bit of my own history and trusts me.
Andy

My students love the display and are amazed that they can hold some items that are over a 100 years old.

'Hold items that over a hundred years old.........'

By the left, that made me laugh out loud! You DO realise what you are writing, I'm sure, but a hundred years is as recent as1921, right?

Our local church was REBUILT in 1430.

The bridge over the little river here, we call it Alconbury Brook, was built in 1208.

...and our village is noted in the Domesday Book of 1086.

I'm holding in my hand a Native American obsidian spearpoint from around 8 -10000 BC. When it was made, in Ohio, the guy chipping it was looking over his shoulder at mammoths, cave-bears, woolly rhinoceros' and that HUGE Glacier that went from horizon to horizon.

Age is relative.

'Hold items that over a hundred years old.........'

By the left, that made me laugh out loud! You DO realise what you are writing, I'm sure, but a hundred years is as recent as1921, right?

Our local church was REBUILT in 1430.

The bridge over the little river here, we call it Alconbury Brook, was built in 1208.

...and our village is noted in the Domesday Book of 1086.

I'm holding in my hand a Native American obsidian spearpoint from around 8 -10000 BC. When it was made, in Ohio, the guy chipping it was looking over his shoulder at mammoths, cave-bears, woolly rhinoceros' and that HUGE Glacier that went from horizon to horizon.

Age is relative.

Oh yes I do understand that...
As I have on display spear points / arrow heads / atlatl points that are similar to what you are talking about.
As well as other historic fur trade items that are older than the "100 years old" mark.

With that said...by "100 years old " , is a general concept that is quickly understood by most of my audience.
In this case elementary school students.
Not that I "talk down" to my students...but I only have a half hour to 45 minutes to get my points across and answer questions.
So as much as I dislike 'sound bites" or general statements...they have to be made at times.

I do show and tell other items that are much older..again...that date is just a quick talking point for a post or reference point.
Andy

Oh yes I do understand that...
As I have on display spear points / arrow heads / atlatl points that are similar to what you are talking about.
As well as other historic fur trade items that are older than the "100 years old" mark.

With that said...by "100 years old " , is a general concept that is quickly understood by most of my audience.
In this case elementary school students
I do show and tell other items that are much older..again...that date is just a quick talking point for a post or reference point.
Andy

Hey, to a 5-6 yr old.... WE look like we're 100 (I've felt that old lately, LOL) .... age IS relative! :D

Hey, to a 5-6 yr old.... WE look like we're 100 (I've felt that old lately, LOL) .... age IS relative! :D

I had about half the students that I work with convinced that I didn't know how to play :
Rock , Paper, Scissors....
I told 'em I never learned how , since when I was kid...paper and scissors hadn't been invented yet...:eek: :s0140:
Andy

I read somewhere, maybe here, that the difference between the UK and the US is that in the UK, 100 miles is a long way, and in the US, 100 years is a long time. :)

Own, or have owned:

.22LR
.22-250
.32acp
9mm
.38 Special
.357 mag
.41Mag
.45acp
.30 M1 Carbine
6mmRemington
7mmRemMag
300WeatherbyMag

Honorable mention:

Colonial Pistol made from kit of some unremembered ball size
Bug Assault
Various BBguns
.22 cal Pellet rifle

Currently all my calibers are:
9mm

My cartridges are:
.22 LR
.223 Remington
.556 NATO
308 Winchester
7.62 NATO
300 Winchester Magnum

Do most of you who have really long lists and a variety of firearm calibers reload?

Cate

I reload all my centerfire rifle calibers besides the NATO stuff. When I feel like I'm crafting good ammo, its a labor of love. If I'm just pumping out numbers, it's a pain in the butt. So, I just buy factory or surplus ammo for AR/M1A/semi-auto pistols.

Cate
I reload most of what I shoot, except rimfire and a couple of the Russians. I don't shoot enough 7.672x25 to matter, and until recently AK food was so cheap I wouldn't have considered it. The 9mm used to be in that camp but now I'm glad for hoarding all that brass ...

Cate
I reload mine, but only occasionally. It has a really high capacity magazine that last all day. It's a "carbine action two-hundred shot range model". :D
1616178490528.png

22lr
9mm
38/357
223/556
30/30
12g

Over the years I've had a bunch more as my interests shifted and evolved. No regrets getting down to a minimal amount of calibers. I don't truly have any interest lately in any others. In my head I like the idea of getting into another pro-suppressor round so as to have a new reloading project. Truth be told, it's more of an excuse to buy something I don't really need.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top