JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
made my last trip to Cabela's, stood in line for 11 hours thanksgiving night. Got my ticket giving me the oppurtunity to buy a 10/22 for $179. got in the store at 5am grabbed all my other stuff and headed upstairs to get my gun. Filled out the computer based info and waited over 2 hours, nothing. There seemed to be some sort of confusion over procedure, went downstairs and spoke to the store manager, (J.D.). He made reassuring noises and told me to go upstairs and they would "expedite" me. 45 minutes later I managed to get my I.D. back. Then I went down and spoke to the manager again to inform him (even on black friday) that this was unacceptable. It wasn't like black friday snuck up on them or they didn't know what to expect.

I left after 3 hours and still no gun.

Am I being too sensitive?

BTW the other stuff I bought (gloves, shirts, pants,etc) for about $135 I saved about 200 on. I wasn't doing anything else so I figured "what the ****" with a chair a sleeping bag and nice folks to visit with, we drank coffee and joked around.

I was having a good time until the store opened.

I love it when the stores try something and don't really know how to accomplish it.

And ,yes,yes you are being over sensitive. I'm sure Cabella's didn't come wake you up and drag you to the store,did they?
So you WOULD HAVE saved ,what $50? on the 10 22.
You would have to pay me a lot more than that to stand at a store for 11 hours.

Besides,how much did it cost you to calm down afterwards?

Yeah Merry FXXXing X mas on that one heh?

made my last trip to Cabela's, stood in line for 11 hours thanksgiving night.

First problem right there, should've used those 11 hours and drove down to Vancouver to Bi-mart and bought a 10/22 for $169. I bought a Nagant 1895 for Cabelas a couple months back and it took almost an hour for them to get everything done.

I'll refrain from buying any firearms from there from now on. Previously longest was during a weekend when two gun shows were going on and even then it wasn't more than 30 mins.

I know Bimart was taking a long time at least in Corvallis, the lady at the counter was looking annoyed as she kept hitting redial trying to do the background check. Was there about a half hour and they were still trying to get through.

i think bi mart had them for 169.00
No, it was actually $167.95

From what I've been reading, there were problems in many many places for the black friday bullcrap, not just cabela's.

I know Bimart was taking a long time at least in Corvallis, the lady at the counter was looking annoyed as she kept hitting redial trying to do the background check. Was there about a half hour and they were still trying to get through.

Yes. The problem was the OSP background check. I was also at a BiMart looking at guns while someone else was waiting to buy a rifle. Redial after redial to finally get thru. As bad as a weekend with more than one gun show in Oregon.

Heaven forfend the OSP folks get out of bed on a Friday after a holiday and work dilligently. But hey, we saved some jobs keeping that fee active!

Why blame OSP? They didn't put all these guns on sale. Do you expect them put extra employees on duty and/or have them work OT? Everyone bubblegumes so much already about how much government costs. If you are shopper and want a bargain, so what if you have to wait. Why should I as a tax payer pick up the tab of getting you out of the store faster?

First problem right there, should've used those 11 hours and drove down to Vancouver to Bi-mart and bought a 10/22 for $169. I bought a Nagant 1895 for Cabelas a couple months back and it took almost an hour for them to get everything done.

I'll refrain from buying any firearms from there from now on. Previously longest was during a weekend when two gun shows were going on and even then it wasn't more than 30 mins.

sure a 200 plus mile round trip = 10 gallons of gas Not much of a savings there. perhaps you missed it, but, I was having fun until the store opened.

It isn't like black friday snuck up on anybody, they knew what was coming, I blame management.

Thanks for the report - I actually considered driving down from Seattle on Friday morning to get one of their 10/22's. Now, I'm glad that I didn't even try.

Last time I went to Cabela's (on a random week day), there was a long wait to just get help at the gun counter. No thanks - not worth the drive anymore; already seen all the stuffed animals.

the problem here is buying a gun from cabelas. Talk about over pirced on everything. I know that was a good deal on the 10/22 but everytime Ive been to the one in springfield i about break the glass counter from my jaw dropping at the prices there. But back to the main point, No you arent over sensitive to the situation. I would have gone knee deep in that manager! They have these sales then cant keep up with the situation they create and lets be honest the lacey store has had black friday before so they knew what they were in for. It is wholey thier fault i personally wouldnt have left that easily. You should have gone back on saturday and demanded that 10/22 for the sale price and i would have also made them give me at least a brick of ammo. I really try to be understanding to the situation but on something like that i would hold my ground.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top