Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

buying guns from another state

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by wwkii, Aug 19, 2010.

1. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

i have noticed alot of people on here state in there posts that they will only sell to someone from there state . is this so they dont have to travel or what ? i have called a couple dealers here in oregon and they said that private citizens not dealers can sell to each other over state lines . so what is the problem is this true or what? please be educated in your answer dont just guess

2. DrDave

DrDave Seattle, WA Member

Go on websites like Gunbroker.com, Gunsamerica.com... everything is selling and buying from different states. To sell or buy a gun from a different state it has to be transfered through an FFl dealer (gun shop, private FFL holder).

3. DrDave

A lot of people do not want to sell out of state because it is extra work and money.

4. wwkii

wwkii gilchrist oregon Active Member

now the 2 dealers i called said that private person too private person does not have to go through a ffl is that true and if not can you show me a link or something that says it. im also not saying sending through mail this would be a face to face meeting

5. DrDave

face to face in same state private sale no transfer needed

now face to face crossing state lines private sale.....whole different ball game.... as I understand it, there is different laws for different states.