JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Come to think of it, I have a dozen or so old G3 magazines somewhere, that I bought just because they were less than $2 each, and I've never even owned any rifle that uses them. Kind of silly, I guess.
Nonsense, sir!
When (okay, If) the zombie apocalypse comes, those magazines should be worth a grand piano at least.

I have a duffle bag of ar15 mags, ak47 mags, 10/22 mags, and one of 9mm Glock mags, and the ammo to feed the beasts, so it sways my buying to a common plain. Ar, ak, 10/22, 9mm Glock oouummmmm plain. Now I just need a firearm that uses all and im good.

I find it interesting how we all think differently. Some people have no problem with having something sitting on the back shelf that they never use. Others simply can't stand the thought of having anything around that they can't use or don't use anymore. For example, I remember people a few years back getting rid of their .22 rimfires because of the ammo shortage. That was a foreign concept to me and seemed absurd, but I have no problem at all with something sitting in the safe unused; that and the fact that I never had any shortage of .22lr myself.

Come to think of it, I have a dozen or so old G3 magazines somewhere, that I bought just because they were less than $2 each, and I've never even owned any rifle that uses them. Kind of silly, I guess.
I used to do silly bubblegumte like that, then I started buying the firearms I had random parts and mags to... Now I consolidated calibers and magazines accordingly and don't waste time, money, and space, on wondering what the fudge I have mags for I rifle ive never owned for...
Good on ya for trying, now sell that crap and consolidate calibers and mags.

Hit me up lets shoot some time

Would you buy magazines for a gun you don't own, but want to?

Just curious what others thoughts are.

How about buying ammo for a gun you don't own yet?

Just did so, a fellow member had a dozen new Beretta 92/M9 for a good price, I don't have one but want one so I swooped.

A couple things I don't do:
Panic buy, when prices are stupid I'll live without it, probably because I already got it.
Allow possible pending legislation to curb or alter my firearm related spending.

Firearms are fun to collect, shoot, and in general don't lose to much of their value in the short term (and in the long term might even go up a little).

But nobody in their right mind thinks firearms are a good investment. Even if you bought dozens of Polytech AKs for $225, investing that same amount of money in an index fund (a fund that matches the gains/losses of a stock index, like the DOW or S&P500) would have yielded a LOT more returns over the same time period.

It's certainly fun to think about cheap rifles. Then again, we're living it right now; AR prices are rock bottom last time I checked.

Unless you were investing in those $200 tax stamps back in the day...

I wish I had bought different guns back in the late '80s and '90s. I was primarily interested in decent, accurate, bolt action hunting rifles back then, so I bought used Remington 700s and such. It seems to me that a nice used 700 would sell for about $300 back in the mid '90s. What are they worth now? I was just at a gun show in Albany last week end, and I saw at least a couple older model 700s that I could have bought for not much more than that. Considering inflation they've gone down in value pretty bad. Especially since I haven't hunted in 20 years and have no interest in ever hunting again.

I tell my wife guns are like money in the bank. That's true; some are like money in the savings account, yielding .02% interest, and others are like cash in a safety deposit box, where inflation nibbles away at their value every day...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top