JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Super X,

I bet that your Dad's RCBS (USA) is like my MT husband's set up or close to it.

He bought it NIB in the 70's.

Cate

With the chance for new restrictions , bans and laws...I would only caution that one keeps this in mind when buying magazines.
You may end up with a truck load of magazines that are no longer legal to use or own...
What you do with said magazines if a ban goes against them...is a whole 'nother topic...

That said , Please note that I am not in favor of any ban or restriction of a magazine , based on the magazine's capacity....Just pointing out something , that you might have to consider , if you have a firearm that uses detachable magazines.
Andy

With the chance for new restrictions , bans and laws...I would only caution that one keeps this in mind when buying magazines.
You may end up with a truck load of magazines that are no longer legal to use or own...
What you do with said magazines if a ban goes against them...is a whole 'nother topic...

That said , Please note that I am not in favor of any ban or restriction of a magazine , based on the magazine's capacity....Just pointing out something , that you might have to consider , if you have a firearm that uses detachable magazines.
Andy

This is what scares me too. SOOOO many gun owners actively support people who are anti gun, and so many of them will go along with every damn "compromise" that comes along. I can easily see a law getting passed here that does not grandfather in mags already owned. Many gun owners would be all in for it.

If the Anti-gunners want to ban it, you'd better be buying it if you want to have it. They've been successful and otherwise come close to full bans in the past.

I lived thru the '94-04 AWB, and various state bans and restrictions. I've lived "without" guns for periods too. I've lived thru the Obama gun spikes x 3, when we saw total outtages of mags/ammo/parts. Reloaders also suffered with empty shelves. Import bans. It sucked. And some guns just soar in price later like the PSL or Saigas, or C&R guns, etc.

If you like guns, you should buy whatever guns or parts you like when you see them deeply discounted in price. Right now is the "golden years" for platforms like most modern handguns and long guns, like ARs. If you aren't adding these to your collection in duplicates and parts and accessories, I think you'll regret it in a decade or two.

Liberty and gun ownership has been under attack for a century, and getting closer to lines-drawn every decade. Keep in mind, we gun owners barely won Heller or McDonald. 1 vote. We barely had the AWB sunset, only because Bush was elected and only by 700 votes, which was less than 1% of the total and only by a handful of EC votes. About 1/2 of Americans (by population) live behind enemy lines in anti-gun states where gun ownership is difficult. We nearly had a totally anti-gun POTUS Hillary Clinton who promised gun confiscation ala Australia like. She promised to stack the SCOTUS and reverse Heller.... We gun owners have won close and important battles, but it's not over.

Ironically, I buy guns because of liberals constant threat against gun rights... and I've learned from both supply/demand and laws of economics, and firearms laws that if you don't buy it now you may not be able to. And quality guns kept in good condition will hold or increase in value.

Yep. Now is the time to be buying what you need. There will be a massive run on things starting next Spring/Summer.

This is what scares me too. SOOOO many gun owners actively support people who are anti gun, and so many of them will go along with every damn "compromise" that comes along. I can easily see a law getting passed here that does not grandfather in mags already owned. Many gun owners would be all in for it.

Yep...so true.
Every "Compromise" seems to be followed by yet another "Compromise" later...all of which really only affect those who wish to be law abiding...Yet do little to nothing in the prevention of crime or keeping folks safe.

I am not a genius , but I do know that using the same " solution" or slight variation of "solution" , which hasn't worked to solve a problem , in not how to go about fixing the problem...

( Again please note that I do not think that a magazine and its capacity , whatever it might be is the problem )
Andy

Yep...so true.
Every "Compromise" seems to be followed by yet another "Compromise" later...all of which really only affect those who wish to be law abiding...Yet do little to nothing in the prevention of crime or keeping folks safe.

I am not a genius , but I do know that using the same " solution" or slight variation of "solution" , which hasn't worked to solve a problem , in not how to go about fixing the problem...

( Again please note that I do not think that a magazine and its capacity , whatever it might be is the problem )
Andy

Every gun law that comes along of course does nothing. So they start in with "we need another one". Then the people who push these new laws almost all seem to also push another agenda, NEVER deal with the criminals who use guns. Every excuse is made to let the same criminals out to make more victims over and over again. The answer? More gun laws of course. Disgusting to watch this.

Every gun law that comes along of course does nothing. So they start in with "we need another one". Then the people who push these new laws almost all seem to also push another agenda, NEVER deal with the criminals who use guns. Every excuse is made to let the same criminals out to make more victims over and over again. The answer? More gun laws of course. Disgusting to watch this.

Exactly how I feel...as well as way too many other folks , I'm sure...
One of the many reasons that has caused me more than once to think about running for public office...
Andy

Then the people who push these new laws almost all seem to also push another agenda, NEVER deal with the criminals who use guns. Every excuse is made to let the same criminals out to make more victims over and over again. The answer? More gun laws of course. Disgusting to watch this.

Exactly!

My brother is a Detective in this area and is disgusted with the revolving door policy that the judges have with scumbags.

There was a guy last year that used a handgun to threaten to kill another man if he didn't pay up $100 over a drug deal. He did this in broad daylight in Moscow, ID. Then he ended up running and getting in a foot chase with cops, ran through the hospital waving the gun, causing the hospital to go into lockdown, and a campus lockdown and alert at the nearby U of I campus.

Guy had a prior record, of course, complete with neck tattoos and was basically just a POS that graduated to now using a gun.

His punishment? He was sentenced to time served (ten days) and a year probation. He was back on the streets in less than two weeks. I would get more punishment for shooting an elk out of season.

Buy magazines for guns I don't own? No. Buy ammo for guns I don't own? Nope. Been buying truckload of the aforementioned for guns I do own? (teehee) No comment. :s0010:

I've bought guns I couldn't get ammo for. Got my Henry Survival AR-7, Ruger 10/22 and SR22 back when .22LR was rarer than hens teeth. Had them sitting in my safe for at least a year before I ever found any ammo to feed them.

If the ammo or the mags are on sale for too good of a deal to pass up and I absolutely know I will be going with that gun/caliber then absolutely yes I would buy the ammo and mags before finishing the gun.

I try to build my rifles from parts that are on sale and avoid paying retail prices whenever I can :D Same goes for ammo, magazines, etc.

Andy
cu
And this is why we should keep an eye on that case in California. If the court upholds that the ban is indeed an illegal taking and/or a direct violation of the Second Amendment.
It's why I'm sending money to the California Rifle and Pistol Association. Their fight is our fight!

I find it interesting how we all think differently. Some people have no problem with having something sitting on the back shelf that they never use. Others simply can't stand the thought of having anything around that they can't use or don't use anymore. For example, I remember people a few years back getting rid of their .22 rimfires because of the ammo shortage. That was a foreign concept to me and seemed absurd, but I have no problem at all with something sitting in the safe unused; that and the fact that I never had any shortage of .22lr myself.

Come to think of it, I have a dozen or so old G3 magazines somewhere, that I bought just because they were less than $2 each, and I've never even owned any rifle that uses them. Kind of silly, I guess.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top