JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At 600 rounds per minute, it only costs $250 per minute to operate. If your pockets are that deep, the Ares upper at under 5 grand is a relative bargain.

what would be a good muzzle device for one of these? you dont really want a brake because you need the recoil to help the bump operation. so a compensator of some type? Keep the muzzle flip down to stay on target but not mitigate recoil too much

what would be a good muzzle device for one of these? you dont really want a brake because you need the recoil to help the bump operation. so a compensator of some type? Keep the muzzle flip down to stay on target but not mitigate recoil too much

I have a PWS FSC556 you can try if you like. They are very effective at controlling the muzzle, but unfortunately very loud, so I removed them from a pair of defensive builds and replaced with Smith Vortex flash hiders.

I fired one shot without hearing protection and thought I'd lost hearing in one of my ears for about a half hour. Since they are for defense I wouldn't likely be able to take the time for hearing protection, so I had to go another direction, and it's not like 5.56 isn't already very controllable outside of FA or bump fire..

<broken link removed>

Maybe just a forward directing brake. Keep the concussion going away from everyone while going sort of happy mode.

is that one of those 'blast mitigation devices' that looks like a small can on the front of the rifle?
Yep. That's one of the types out there. Think Noveske Pig.

Then there's the type like the DPMS Levang. Which is ported but all the ports lead out the front.

If you are going to do a bump saw, then this is the way to do it. LOL
image_zpspfhojuhm.jpeg

Ok so I picked up a 18" heavy barrel and I have a heavy buffer spring, heavy buffer, short reset trigger and a light BCG on the way. should be interesting to see if this works

If you went a short frame AR10 like a DPMS GII you would have close to the firepower of a SAW chucking 7.62 down the line... only 75 cents a round, hardly twice the price of 5.56...

I might try the setup with my 50 beowulf upper when done. should be completely controllable
If only you could modify the 40 round Pmags to get more out of it than just a handful of rounds.

The dang thread got me too.... I just ordered one of the slide fire SSAR-15 MOD stocks, I have a D.Wilson light weight BCG and a MechArmor Defense trigger. Already have several heavy barrel uppers...

The last thing I need, but damn it I have poor impulse control.

Y'all are still forgetting something, especially if you go with the belt fed upper, and I'm not talking about that sweet double handle butt stock:
100_0284.jpg

Regardless, I'd suggest a heavy profile barrel from Black Hole Weaponry that has been fluted for best heat transfer. BHW barrels use polygonal rifling and are nitride treated so they have less friction than a standard barrel and as such will last longer, especially at around 600 rounds/minute.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top