JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like guns will be legal in Oregon next summer...
as long as my candidate wins
11_1024x1024.jpg

Yep, Carry handle needs to go... Want my address? :D

It was for my 50 but did not fit under the scope. It weighs at least 1/2 as much as the rifle being solid metal :)

the orange spring I got is quit heavy. Its the one I saw recommended a few times but I'm worried its not going to cycle well. should be interesting.

I got a gibbz side charging upper (cant use a rear charging handle on a bump saw). Very well made. charges very smoothly. non-reciprocating.

the JARD adjustable trigger may not work. It's adjustments are highly dependent on the shape of the trigger pocket and since this is an 80% and the first one I did it looks like a mechanical beaver chewed out the trigger pocket. I did get it in and adjusted to something like 0.5lb trigger pull but then the safety did not work. but holy cow can you adjust this thing down to basically a micron of trigger reset and release. Like 5 different directions of adjustment. If I cant get it to work I will definitely use it on another rifle.

Should be interesting trying it out.

I got a gibbz side charging upper (cant use a rear charging handle on a bump saw). Very well made. charges very smoothly. non-reciprocating.

Can't or would be bad form?

I am interested to hear your opinion of the upper and how it interacts with your BCG. The only side charger I have ever played with was for my 9MM

Can't or would be bad form?

I am interested to hear your opinion of the upper and how it interacts with your BCG. The only side charger I have ever played with was for my 9MM

:) just bad form. a regular upper would work just fine. I wanted a side charging upper for a while and thought it would fit a "saw" build better. Plus if this thing works its mostly going to be shot prone using the bipod to assist with the bump action.

Never fails, @bolus , just as you get your build done DVOR has a big slidefire sale: Slip & Slide Fire Solutions (http://www.dvor.com/slide-fire-solutions-25-2016-08-04.html)

Interesting to note that they sell the opposite of a compensator - an actual recoil increaser:
View attachment 305665

Thanks, I was looking for that kind of compensator. I'll keep it in mind depending on how it works

The SSAR-15 mod stock that I have is actually a very nice stock by itself. it has a knob at the end of the grip that allows it to lock in place for regular semi-auto fire making it much more practical than a dedicated slide fire stock.

Slide Fire® AR15 Bump Fire | SSAR-15®MOD Stock | AR15 Bump Fire Stocks | Slide Fire® Freedom Unleashed (http://www.slidefire.com/products/ar-platform/ssar-15-mod)

looked it up, that compensator is for 22 rimfire only. :(

Your heavier spring should help increase recoil along with lighter buffers. I'd still go with the heaviest of the lightweight buffers that will allow it to operate without failure to "bump".

Your heavier spring should help increase recoil along with lighter buffers. I'd still go with the heaviest of the lightweight buffers that will allow it to operate without failure to "bump".

I have 3 buffer weights to try, I have an H2 in there now. Lightened BCG, heavy spring, Heavy buffer. I think the idea is to get it locked up and ready to fire as fast as possible. Excited to try it out. I have a feeling though its going to take a trial and error with part swaps to make it reliable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top