JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two SBRs, but in thinking about the best way to include a short "long gun" on our travels I've decided rather than fill out the ATF paperwork I'm just going to build a pistol lower from one of the stripped lowers I have in the safe. The states I'd be traveling in include Oregon, Washington, Utah and Montana. I'm assuming this is what most folks do? Of course if I need to use an SBR in a match, let's say the Area 1 Steel Challenge championship (which was in Montana this year) I'd have to file (form 20?) with the ATF, but for travel the pistol seems the way to go: 30 rounds of defensive 9mm on hand with spare mags.

I know others really like the 9mm AR pistols but I just think for the same or slightly more weight you can have a more effective chambering in an AR pistol. I would recommend 5.56 or 7.62x39 in a 10.5-11" barrel or a 300 blk in a 9". Range and terminal ballistics will be much improved over the 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top