JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two SBRs, but in thinking about the best way to include a short "long gun" on our travels I've decided rather than fill out the ATF paperwork I'm just going to build a pistol lower from one of the stripped lowers I have in the safe. The states I'd be traveling in include Oregon, Washington, Utah and Montana. I'm assuming this is what most folks do? Of course if I need to use an SBR in a match, let's say the Area 1 Steel Challenge championship (which was in Montana this year) I'd have to file (form 20?) with the ATF, but for travel the pistol seems the way to go: 30 rounds of defensive 9mm on hand with spare mags.

I know others really like the 9mm AR pistols but I just think for the same or slightly more weight you can have a more effective chambering in an AR pistol. I would recommend 5.56 or 7.62x39 in a 10.5-11" barrel or a 300 blk in a 9". Range and terminal ballistics will be much improved over the 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top