JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Send it to the gunsmith.
or
Buy a magazine (that works).

1686516228406.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.....
If.....you want. You could always get your file set and needle pliers and just......

1686516401152.png

The good news is that this is an easy one to disable the mag disconnect if you wanted to do so.

I just looked at what it takes to remove the disconnect function on my SR22 and it is not worth considering.

You "may" run across someone here who has had the exact same problem and "may" make a good "guess". This is a lot like saying "my F150 won't start, tell me whats wrong."
No one can really do much sight unseen. As another mentioned some close comparison to mags that work "may" make you spot something. For the price of 1 mag? I would not spend much time at all on it. If I could not easily see something "off" would take the mag apart and toss it in the junk box for spare parts if ever needed.

Been there. I had an aftermarket, and it would not click in all the way. I tossed it. The one I have, that won't work, clicks in just fine. I will look again. I can't remember if they both came with the pistol, or just one of them. If I bought it later, I can't remember the brand or where.

I'm probably too far away for you but if you could find your way down here, I'm 10 miles south of Eugene. I have a buckmark to compare with. I think all my magazines are factory or at least I've never had any trouble with them.

FYI, I checked my wife's Buckmark and it does not have a magazine disconnect. She bought it in California some years back.

The YouTube video showing how to remove the disconnect clearly had a part that ours does not have.

So disconnect issue might be the issue, but the gun might not have one. You should be able to check by testing if the trigger goes limp whenever the mag is removed.

Edit to add: I think the disconnect is now standard. Looks like the one we have is from July of 2002 if I am reading the serial number thing right.

Last Edited:
I'm a fairly mechanically inclined guy. Rebuilt motors, ran a boring bar when I was wrenching on Honda motor cycles, rebuilt the little 4-banger in our car...... took apart a 2nd model Colt Woodsman Match Target...... :(

Those little .22 semi autos are THE DEVIL! I'd throw it away.

I'm a fairly mechanically inclined guy. Rebuilt motors, ran a boring bar when I was wrenching on Honda motor cycles, rebuilt the little 4-banger in our car...... took apart a 2nd model Colt Woodsman Match Target...... :(

Those little .22 semi autos are THE DEVIL! I'd throw it away.
I have a pre woodsman and 2 buckmarks. The buckmarks are an absolute nightmare to put back together. Only gun I know that the grip panel tension plays a critical role in operation

My worst .22 was an earlier Ruger. I was taking apart to clean and when I put it back together, a little lever fell the wrong way and the whole thing was jammed. I had to take it to a gunsmith to get it apart again. I quickly traded it in on a push-button Mark IV, which is a dream. I do like the way the Buckmark shoots.

My worst .22 was an earlier Ruger. I was taking apart to clean and when I put it back together, a little lever fell the wrong way and the whole thing was jammed. I had to take it to a gunsmith to get it apart again. I quickly traded it in on a push-button Mark IV, which is a dream. I do like the way the Buckmark shoots.
they shoot great. I can't touch rubber due to latex allergy. I have one with cocabolo handles I have had for 30 years. I got a newer one, put on a threaded barrel and I put some flattish aluminum grips on it and it has been a nightmare to keep the right tension where the action cycles fully and the panels are not too loose.

I have a pre woodsman and 2 buckmarks. The buckmarks are an absolute nightmare to put back together. Only gun I know that the grip panel tension plays a critical role in operation
That what I'M talkin' about! Only one other .22 pistol in the stable and that's a Buckmark. When I got it, new, I wanted to take it apart to lube properly. I took that right side grip off and stuff wanted to start falling out. Nope. Who the hell designs those thing anyway? They're like some cruel trick? I had to take that Colt to Velsey to make sure it was done right. That boy is a God!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews