JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be warned......the pure elegance of older Sako's can be very addictive. I have a personal affinity for the L461 short actions in .222 and .222 Mag but also own a L579 single shot .22-250 and a L61R 30-06. All five in current inventory are fine shooters or they wouldn't have stuck around.

View attachment 753845
View attachment 753831View attachment 753837View attachment 753836

Absolutely stunningly beautiful rifles!

This is not helping me with needing to go shooting lol. I've got the itch bad now....if only the weather would clear and the forests would open....preferably on a weekend.

6/15/2015REMCCI 200H414Horn SXSP 70gr44.0 gr2.045"2.625"no crimpWeatherby 24" OG4 rnds .75" 200 yards
Work up your load to fit your barrel I am curious what type of results from your barrel H414 is a budget powder but the results speak for itself I have data for IMR4350 also

My old Krico 650S has the same feel to it....

No pics - folks here are bored f*rtless seeing it so often.
Might as well post it at the Sock-O party!

The OP's rifle is gorgeous.

One of my buddies has a couple dozen hunting rifles. For the last 10 years or so he's only carried one. Even though he can't pronounce Sako properly, he'll tell anybody it's the best damn rifle he's ever owned. He topped it with a Swarovski and has taken game with it every season. Some of his buddies have stuff like Nesika's and such, but he wouldn't trade his Sako for two of them.

The guy can't pronounce Leupold, either, but he sure can fill a tag!

Loved them since I was stationed in Germany 45 years ago. But the cost was always just a wee bit more than my
income. Finally stumbled across one at Grumpy's in Yakima 3 years ago for about half of what I see asked for them. I do have to ask WHY you would destroy the beautiful lines of that rifle with a bipod? That's like putting a trailer hitch on a Rolls Royce.

Loved them since I was stationed in Germany 45 years ago. But the cost was always just a wee bit more than my
income. Finally stumbled across one at Grumpy's in Yakima 3 years ago for about half of what I see asked for them. I do have to ask WHY you would destroy the beautiful lines of that rifle with a bipod? That's like putting a trailer hitch on a Rolls Royce.

Never fear the bipod is just a swing swivel attachment, nothing permanent and it only goes on the rifle for use. That said...I would absolutely put a hitch on a Rolls, how else am I supposed to haul all my cash around :D.

unfortunately I have still not been able to take her out shooting yet, damn capital state forest is closed and it's driving me nuts

Never fear the bipod is just a swing swivel attachment, nothing permanent and it only goes on the rifle for use. That said...I would absolutely put a hitch on a Rolls, how else am I supposed to haul all my cash around :D.

unfortunately I have still not been able to take her out shooting yet, damn capital state forest is closed and it's driving me nuts
Everything over here is open. Our Field & Stream range has been going from the start of this virus bullsnot.0
Bring it over here to Free Washington and shoot. :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR