JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right on -

FYI - Here's some things on my "to purchase list"...

RFB
High end piston 308 (LMT, Knights, OBR, already have reaper)
FN 45 tactical with all the stuff in FDE
TNW 1919A4
MSAR E4 with mag fix done.

Still want an AOW Serbu
Still want suppressors for 22, 9mm, 45, 5.56, and 308. I've been just too busy and lazy to contact coctailer, commit to the process and volunteer for yet another database. :s0114:

Oh and my wife says I should sell some stuff...:huh:

I should be able to take care of you on most of that Randy... Accept for the coctailer part... I am gonna have to get with him soon on a Serbu, because Mike and I both want one... BAD!

I hope to see all of you soon... and I am glad some of the people amoung us still work with people that think my shop sells coffee ;)

Ok everyone, I received my FFL today and will have my state license by the end of the week... The doors will reopen on Monday September 20th at 10am. I will be open the same hours the shop has been open for the last 2 years, just to get things moving smoothly again... Thank you for your patience and I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Nick

okay, iam little late.

what happened to the owner? old guy is not running the business anymore?

Every time i go there they don't want to order gun for me. lol so i always go to long view. (long drive)

not that they are bad or mean anything.

Mike is semi retired and I took over the business. My license, my lease, ect... He is still there most of the time though... Not sure what you mean by not ordering guns though, its tuesday night and I have already ordered 8 guns this week for people... Maybe what you were looking for wasnt in stock at my distributor or it was a brand that we dont carry... What were you looking for?

As far as the drive goes, might be a better idea to call, email, or pm me here first... gas is kinda spendy these days.

Let me know if I can help you.

Nick

Good like Nick. I was in a couple of weeks ago and the service was friendly and very informative. I was drooling over the Barrett which is on my short list.

I have been in the shop quite a few times before I bought my first Glock. Most of my visits were to gawk and learn. I was always greeted and they are willing to spend time with you either to chat or to answer any questions. Ive grown up around guns but never took a full interest until a few years ago so Ive had a lot of questions and I will say that I have never been treated any different than a seasoned gun owner that Ive felt at some other shops. (Not all, but some) I will continue to do business with either purchasing or classes through them.

Transfers wont be a problem after my first audit... I told my ATF investigator that I would honor her request and not do any transfers until after my first audit. That hasn't happened yet, so stay tuned, and i will let you know when I start doing them. Basically I was 28 yrs. old when she issued me my license, and they had troubles with "young people" in the past and their compliance... So upon her request I haven't done any yet... But don't worry, I will soon. Basically... someone, somewhere, is in the past screwed it up for me because they were my age.

As far as gunsmithing goes... Its pretty hard to make a gunsmith appear... Mike will no longer do any gunsmithing because his cataracts have gotten so bad that he cant see well enough to do it. A few years ago we had Kurt start working for us when he could to catch us up on our work and get to the point where we could take more on... Well, he went back to college the first part of this year, so we lost our gunsmith. I am not formally trained so I am limited on what I can do and honestly gunsmiths are a dying breed... I continue to send people to the Washougal River Mercantile and to Shooters Service Center... If you needed something done, you might want to check with them. This is a topic that I take seriously and I can honestly do a lot of work, but wont let myself do it, because I am terrified I will mess up someone's family heirloom... That's what trained gunsmiths are for.

Hope that answered some of your questions. Its not like I have chosen not to do these things because I don't want to... I am not doing them (transfers and gunsmithing) because I cant at the moment.

Could be one month, could be six months, could be a year... So since the time isnt here yet I havent really thought about pricing.

I will be sure to let everyone here know once it happens.

Picked up a Sig P238 a couple weeks back, on my second trip in to "browse." Had a good time BS'ing for a good 45 minutes while looking around, and got a price with two mags better than I've seen on the internet to date. Once I decided to go with the purchase, was done and out the door in a matter of minutes. I'll definitely be back there again!

I love this shop...mike has been my go-to guy for years for info, and the service has always been top notch. Whether you need some tech data, wanna iron out some rumors/reviews, or just want to handle a classic or the latest and greatest, brightwater ventures sets the bar. Sorry to hear mike is no longer going to be "the man" at the shop, however, what I have gathered from the few exchanges that I have had with Nick, Mike couldn't've left the place in more capable hands. That being said Nick; congrats on acquiring the shop, I look forward to coming down to say hi, and to do plenty of business with you in the years to come...speakin of, trade a vaquero for my highway patrolman? :) this shop gets two thumbs up!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top