JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
sorry you had a bad experience... i try to atleast say hi and greet people when they walk in no matter how busy i am... sorry that you are taking your business elsewhere, i hope you find the level of service and products that you need. no one ever wants to hear that they lost a customer. sorry.

oh ya and your age shouldnt have anything to do with it since i am 28...

nick

I bought a ruger redhawk in there a few months ago. I have to say my experience was positive, but it wasnt like they were really helpful in any way. I've never got a hey how you doing, how can I help you when I walk in. Maybe its because I am a younger guy but I have always had to ask them for help, even if I was the only person in there. I have gone in there a few times now and its always the same thing so I have decided to take my business elsewhere.

I think you have to understand Mike a little better as he is quite. I have been doing buisness with him for years and he has always been good. He doesn't scream hello when you walk in but talk to him and he will respond. Mike has the best collection of guns in Clark County so go back and give it another go. He is just very mello and has great guns.

I've purchased quite a few firearms from Brightwater, they have a great selection of quality products and everything I've bought has been priced well below MSRP, even the hard to get stuff. Between Mike and Nick there's more information available than any normal person could possibly absorb if you know what to ask for.

gnarkill's right though, sometimes you just need a hug, guess I'll have to go to Appleby's for that but Brightwaters got my firearms business for the foreseeable future.

Thanks guys!

FYI apparently he no longer does the transfer of AR lowers

he wasn't doing any transfers at all. I think he's trying to slow down and retire. He isn't taking any more gunsmith work either. I was in there today looking for 5.45X39, he didn't have any. but then neither did the other three shops I was in. Had a LOT of 7.62X39 though, but it was $300/1000. Seems high to me.

BUT, I've bought most of my new handguns from him.

On edit:
Well, I would have given him a 5 if I'd been allowed to vote! I posted first then tried to vote and it won't let me now.

Last Edited:
Have had nothing but good times in the shop:s0155: I have bought 2 handguns over the years and have never had a problem with either of the 2 there. Yes you might not always get a hello but a few times there has always been at least 5 customers so you do the math 5 to only 2 working the counter:huh: Well they can not always be on the ball. All in all a good place to deal with and when the time comes will probably buy another firearm from them.

I would give them 5 of 5 stars

on my 21st birthday i went in there to buy my first handgun (g22) had an excellent experience and was given plenty of information from Mike regarding my purchase and i've never regretted it. I try to purchase all my firearms from Brightwater. I recommend all my friends who are wanting to purchase their first gun to visit them.

Definitely a good shop. Prices are competitive and I've always had good interactions with Mike and Nick. Main complaint is that they no longer do any transfers. Awesome selection though too, and Mike isn't afraid to tell you to go to BiMart just across the street if he doesn't have something or can't get it for less.

I`ve bought nothing but ammo from them so far :s0155:, however, they are more than willing to chew the fat, and they are more than will ing to answer any of my questions which are many, although I wait until the customers thin out, he has always had the ammo I was looking for when other stires did not, so yes, it is a recomended shop for me !!!

This is a small but very well packed gun shop.You wont even think it's a gun shop until you walk inside...wants to keep the neighboring businesses happy maybe?
anyway,tons of guns,some reloading gear and ammo,gunsmith on-site.
Really good little restaurant about 2 doors down .
Definitely worth a visit.

Two thumbs up for Linda's Home Plate Cafe. They have good food and a lot of cool Marines memorabilia! :s0155::s0155:

I like this shop, prices are fair, service is excellent. the guys are laid back and friendly. They stock some reloading components if your in a pinch, a fair selection of ammo, and a good selection of firearms. I have listen to them give what I thought was solid advice to new firearm owners and didn't try to sell them any gimmicks or extra whistles and bells. I often recommend these guys to my friends.

Thanks Scott, you beat me to it... Mike and I thought that the ATF would be a lot faster so we wouldn't have to be closed so long... The good news is I spoke with the atf on Thursday and they said my license has been approved and all I have to do is wait for it to get printed in West Virginia and sent out to me. I will keep everyone posted on here the second I plan on open the doors, the 17th is what we have advertised and it should work, but I have to get my state firearms license once I have my ffl in my hand, so that's a tentative date (the good news is I have a strong relationship with the ladies at the sheriff's office and they said the will print my state license the second I have my ffl)... So the good news is, it shouldn't be much longer! I encourage all our customers to stop in once I get the doors open to take a look at what I have done. I condensed two units into one unit and I have taken this time to restock bullets, powder, primers, ammo, brass, and accessories... On top of 500+ guns in stock. We have as much in stock right now as we had before the big boom in 2009 or more! I look forward to seeing everyone again and getting the doors back open. We closed the shop on the 13th of August and I expected to have my license and be open by the 1st week of September... Opps I was wrong! I am going nuts with nothing to do, so I hope to see all of you soon.

Nick

I like a happy ending to what seemed like a sad story! ;)

Let us know when you open up again and I'll try to make it out. Any chance of some Saturday hours? Even one or two a month might be nice.

Nick - I figured something was up - I stopped by twice - my wallet is getting too heavy to lug around, you gotta help me out.:s0114:

Will Mike be hanging around next door? I want to drive the shelby by before the weather gets nasty.

R

I am exploring the option of opening Saturdays again... I cant say it will happen right away, but maybe around the first of the year. This isn't the first time I have run a business on my own, but it is the first time I have owned one... So, that being said... I need to figure out how much of my week I have left after paperwork and all the other fun stuff to see what kind of hours I could keep on the weekend.

Randy: You know as well as I do... There is really no "getting rid" of Mike... He will be in the shop for a while helping me make the transition and the hopefully we will be busy enough through the first of the year to warrant the two of us being there. All that being said, all of his toys are 2 doors down from the shop... So I expect he will be in the general vicinity of the shop more than he has ever been! I know he is planning on selling some of the motors he has accumulated over the last year so he can make room to finish his roadster project... Chances are if he's not in the shop, a knock on the door of his shop will make him appear. Can't wait to see the Shelby, and hopefully I have an RFB for you soon.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top