JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK Where do i start? my uncle lived up here long before us and told my dad about mike, i remember going into his store when it was a garage out back of his place. then years later moved to that building. so i've been going there for years. MIKE IS A VERY HONEST MAN, AND HAS GOOD INTEGRITY, TRULY A SOLID GUY, HAS ALWAYS BEEN REALLY FAIR TO ANYONE THAT WALKED THROUGH HIS DOORS. my family over the years has probably spent well over $100k there. His price are very competitive, if he can't get you a good deal he will tell you where to go, (totally not like any other store) Going there you know your going to get a great deal if not the best deal around. if you ask him for his opinion he will give it to you straight and no bologne or some made up story, what you see is what you get good guns great prices and awesome people to deal with. Nick is the newer addition there but has been there now for prob. 2 yr.s or so dont quote me and i like the guy too. When i turned 18 my buddies and i decided to go out to the woods on a camping trip. it was like 15 minutes before the store closed. we rushed in and mike didnt care i told him this is what i got what can i get? he sold me a winchester defender 1300 shotgun the best dang shotgun i've ever owned for the price i paid and sold my buddies some shotguns too. didnt mind we made him late closing for the evening and was very helpful to us. fast forward 6 months later i got my jeep stuck in the woods and told mike i had to sell him my shotgun back so i could get it out without telling my folks. mike says "hey a guy cant get rid of his first gun, took it in holding repair or something for me and gave me the money to get it out. That made me a lifetime customer. I will never forget that i was still in highschool then and long story short. NOBODY WOULD EVER DO THAT NORMALLY FOR ANYONE, BUT MIKE DID! THAT MY FRIENDS IS MORE THAN CUSTOMER SERVICE OR A GOOD GUNSHOP THAT SHOWS THE INTEGRITY, AND WILLINGNESS TO HELP. THAT IS A GOOD MAN. ANYTIME I BUY A NEW GUN FROM SOME WHERE ELSE I ASK MIKE FIRST IF HE CAN GET IT IF NOT I GO BUY IT BUT FEEL GUILTY. anyway, this is my testimony from that store. and i have alot of respect for Mike. He's honest, friendly, awesome guy who never has anything bad to say about other gun dealers and does business the way it should be done. if more people followed his example this world would be a better place. if you feel the need to verify my story ask him if he remembers the squirrel hunter boys buying 12 gauges. That guy is 1 in a million, and his business is fair and all american. if your ever on the fence about finding a good place i hope this helps.

"Nick is the newer addition there but has been there now for prob. 2 yr.s or so dont quote me and i like the guy too."

Thanks for the kind words, I am sure Mike loves to hear that, but fyi... I bought the place on September 13th 2010. Guess its gone down hill since then. ;)

NICK???? I'LL BE DARN I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. LOL. THE PLACE HASNT GONE DOWNHILL AT ALL!! MY EXPERIENCES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AWESOME WITH YOU GUYS. THANKS FOR THAT SHOTGUN TODAY BY THE WAY, GOTTA TAKE IT TO MR. ANDERSON AND HAVE HIM COAT IT.

Mike is a great guy very personable and nice to talk too. Sorry to see him retire.

The punk kid he has working in there has zero people skills, zero personality and is rude.

I will spend more $$$ elsewhere before I ever go in there again , You know in this economy you would think that businesses like this would be at the very least friendly.

Not that guy also when I recommend a store his is not one of them .
L&L IMO and everyone has one is a nice store with and owner that has a personality I like the guy only met him once first impressions and all I'll shop there even tho it's clear across town

Just curious, how old are you?

You seem to have problems with punk kids(25-35yrs old) and prefer to deal with older smokers.

I am sorry you don't like me or clearly my age group, that's fine. Please continue to support L&L guns, before I bought this shop I purchased plenty of guns from Terry and Jan, they are great people! I cannot make everyone happy, but I try hard on a daily basis. I am sorry you feel the way you do.

Sincerely the young punk that owns the gun shop.

Mike is a great guy very personable and nice to talk too. Sorry to see him retire.

The punk kid he has working in there has zero people skills, zero personality and is rude.

I will spend more $$$ elsewhere before I ever go in there again , You know in this economy you would think that businesses like this would be at the very least friendly.

Not that guy also when I recommend a store his is not one of them .
L&L IMO and everyone has one is a nice store with and owner that has a personality I like the guy only met him once first impressions and all I'll shop there even tho it's clear across town

Well, I've shopped at both places and really like Mike. But at least at Brightwater they will wait on you and show you what you want. At L&L they act like you don't exist. I've been in L&L a couple times since they moved and pretty much got ignored. I stepped up to the counter looking at a Taurus Judge and neither person would come close enough for me to ask to look at it. I went to Brightwater next day and bought it there. I did call Mike and ask him if he still had it and to put it aside till I got there. He did and I did.

Now, if Mike is gone I'm not sure what I'll do!!

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

At this point Mike is still working for me as we finalize the transition.

Its not like I am new to this guys, I have been selling all of you guns at the shop for almost 4 years now, I just happen to be the "owner" now instead of the "employee".

Wholesale Sports has the best deals, but I did purchase a S&W 442 there a couple years ago and the people who worked there very friendly, although a bit paranoid. I don't blame them for the paranoid part, because they were robbed not that long before I went there. Despite their hardships, they were very helpful and would show me whatever gun I was interested in. It just happened the guy had a decent deal on a 442 at the time when everyone else didn't have one locally. Nonetheless, his prices are a bit more and selection a bit less than Wholesale Sports down the street. That is the price you pay for having a small, friendly local gun shop. My advice is always pay a little extra once in a while for a firearm, ammo or accessories to help the smaller guy stay around. However, don't feel guilty that you do a majority of your shopping where the prices are cheaper.

Most veteran's prefer either Bright Water ventures or L.L gun's as their tops tier stores to purchase firearms. IMHO Nick is young but who care's (mike is still there). heck i didn't even know 'til yesterday Nick actually owned it. supporting local businesses is important, especially the good ones like these! i was taught growing up to respect my elders and i do. (If i went off of first impressions i would never shop at L.L. Gun's.) not making excuses but everyone has a bad day, so it shouldn't just be a first impression. If someone (anyone) is so small minded in their thought process, they won't get anywhere in life, and be miserable. if you go there a few times and the folks aren't nice then thats when you can logically make a good determination on an establishment/ life situation as there are outliers to everything. at least thats what i was taught. and on the elder's thing, I have a general respect for everyone, a little more compassion for old people. but at the end of the day age shouldn't matter people are people there are good and bad, just because you get older doesn't mean everyone should bow down to you, bad people get old too! BY THAT MENTALITY RAPISTS, AND MURDERERS SHOULD GET RESPECT TOO! So the age discrimination thing is ridiculous and childish but a sad reality of certain folks in society. A brightwater i have never felt that way and i'm sorry SMOKE IT did, i did once at a few other stores but one time really isnt enough to make a solid determination.

Now this is in response to SMOKE IT
I would like to start off by saying i'm not trying to be rude or offend you but I want you to know i found your post offensive, in bad taste. I dont know you from adam and for all i know you could be the nicest gentleman in the world nor by the facts per your post do you know that "punk kid" as you refer to nick as.
So instead of reverting to the ignorance of name calling and violating this sites rules which you indeed violated. I am going to treat you with the respect of a gentleman and EDUCATE YOU ON THIS MATTER. I dont know if you are aware of your carelessly placed defamatory comment.
1. Calling someone a "KID" (who is clearly not) is very demeaning, blatantly disrespectful, discriminatory. for example that would be like someone of a younger age calling someone of your stature an "old geezer"
2. Are you aware of what the term "PUNK" means? punk by definition is a youth committing a homosexual act. which unless you personally have seen this/experienced this (per your post you have not) is a very offensive term and defamatory, could be construed in many ways you may or may not have meant, resulting in a very negative first impression of yourself (which would be very adverse to your belief system as you say) and/or have a much stronger impact. This sir is very offensive to me as well, and a clear violation of this sites rules(as its a family oriented & semi-professional site that is a great tool). i would be surprised if you don't get reprimanded by a moderator.

lastly i did not write this post to upset you or to offend you. I posted this for you because i would like to let you know as a gentleman that you have offended me (whether maliciously or not) and I wanted to Educate you in this matter as it could be a problem for you in the future Smoke It! I wish you the best of luck on your future purchases wherever they may be and encourage you to make educated decisions with facts before making disparaging remarks solely based on your unhappiness with a single incidence in the future.
regards,
Smokey

Nick... you don't know me by online, but you would recognize my face. I like your shop. And I have a lot of respect for Mike... he's treated me very well over the years and is certainly a kind, gentle soul. Whatever you can learn from Mike and carry over to your future at the shop will be valuable indeed. I look forward to your great future there and have nothing but good thoughts about Mike and his future.

Don

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top