JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A man was arrested Friday after a failed home invasion attempt when the homeowner fired a warning shot at the suspect, according to the Bremerton Police Department.

A 27-year-old man from the Kitsap area was arrested.

Around 1:52 a.m. on March 11, officers responded to a report of a possible burglary in progress on Perry Avenue.

When officers arrived, they homeowner told them a man had broken into the home and attacked him and his wife with a blunt force object.

The homeowner and the man fought throughout the house.

At one point, the homeowner was able to retrieve a gun and fired a single warning shot at the man.

The man then ran through the house and the homeowner told officers he did not know where he went.

Officers searched the home and found the man hiding in a bathroom tub behind a shower curtain.

The man was arrested and booked into Kitsap County Jail on charges of assault, burglary and criminal trespass.

The homeowner, a 69-year-old man, and his 62-year-old wife sustained extensive injuries.

The man was not known to either of the victims.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but if someone attacks my family in my home with a blunt object and I'm in hand to hand combat with this individual, as soon as I'm able retrieve my firearm he's going to be taking the Room Temperature Challenge.

Can you believe the thought process to have a person break into your house, physically assault you and have been willing to do who knows what had they gained the upper hand - to then worry about the life of the person and fire a "warning shot."

A 69yo man fighting a 27yo man and the 69yo not getting beat to death?

The home owner's name must be Barney BA! There's a LOT of retired military veterans living in that area so I have my suspicions on the 69yo's "abilities", and I'll bet that 27yo will think twice before EVER fighting another "grey lion"!

:s0020::s0018:

Last Edited:
"Warning shot", because he missed... and didn't want to get charged for attempted murder.

big-brain.jpg

-Robert

The homeowner, a 69-year-old man, and his 62-year-old wife sustained extensive injuries.
Very disturbing and sad. I hope they have no head injuries but bet they do. Warning shot? If he doesn't want to "kill" in defense, tell him that 85% of gunshot wounds (pistol) are survived. Is that still accurate?

A man was arrested Friday after a failed home invasion attempt when the homeowner fired a warning shot at the suspect, according to the Bremerton Police Department.

A 27-year-old man from the Kitsap area was arrested.

Around 1:52 a.m. on March 11, officers responded to a report of a possible burglary in progress on Perry Avenue.

When officers arrived, they homeowner told them a man had broken into the home and attacked him and his wife with a blunt force object.

The homeowner and the man fought throughout the house.

At one point, the homeowner was able to retrieve a gun and fired a single warning shot at the man.

The man then ran through the house and the homeowner told officers he did not know where he went.

Officers searched the home and found the man hiding in a bathroom tub behind a shower curtain.

The man was arrested and booked into Kitsap County Jail on charges of assault, burglary and criminal trespass.

The man was not known to either of the victims.

There was certainly a meth to that perp's madness.

"Warning shot", because he missed... and didn't want to get charged for attempted murder.

View attachment 1151828

-Robert
Um...That makes zero sense and is a really bad idea.

You're either legaly justified to use deadly force or you're not. If he fired, missed, and then was charged for attempted murder, then he wasn't legally justified to shoot. Which means if he had actually hit the dude, he'd be going to jail for murder.

Hitting the dude doesn't magically turn a bad shoot into a good shoot.

Moreover, the odds of you getting charged with something for intentionally making a warning shot are good...reckless discharge of a firearm, for example, etc.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top