JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I call BS.

Just like the 5.56 scare. It's all fear mongering to drive hysteria. We have enough of that.

I would like to be able to agree with you, however, All Outdoor is normally a pretty reliable source of information, and it does look like it could be true. As for me, I've always expected something like this. The last thing I want is a new wave of panic buying, but as for me, I get what I can while I can.

Wouldn't it be deiliciously ironic if the Waffen-ATF issued an edict that caused the manufacturers to cut off their OWN ammo and weapons supplies? :)

Honestly, when supplies get tight, first people I cut off are LE. Retail sales are worth more money.

Anyways, to get back to the OP's point. Bulk powder is already classified as an explosive. All of the 45lb drums say "explosives 1.3". And in bulk they have to be stored as such. so unless they come up with a new class, or reclassify it (really, none of the other classes are appropriate) nothing changes.

For the most part, SAAMI, NFPA, and ATF largely all have the same playbook as far as handling and storage of powder. I've heard of no changes, and unless they show up at the shop tomorrow and pull our permit, (which I doubt, because we moved and got a new one 3 weeks ago) I'm not inclined to give this much credence.

Once again, a vague and non-committal edict with unknown consequences. The ATF statement may not actually change anything, but watch out for the increasingly desperate and opportunist dictator trying to create his progressive legacy in the last days of his reign, who will use a vague and slight change of regulation to reinterpret his executive powers with his pen; a pen that might as well be a sword held against the throat of liberty.

Once again, a vague and non-committal edict with unknown consequences. The ATF statement may not actually change anything, but watch out for the increasingly desperate and opportunist dictator trying to create his progressive legacy in the last days of his reign, who will use a vague and slight change of regulation to reinterpret his executive powers with his pen; a pen that might as well be a sword held against the throat of liberty.
Naw... He won't be doing anything significant... He's busy emptying the federal prisons... The POTUS has pardoned over 300 federal prisoners in August...

Sounds like I need to make sure I stay armed and alert...

Naw... He won't be doing anything significant... He's busy emptying the federal prisons... The POTUS has pardoned over 300 federal prisoners in August...

Sounds like I need to make sure I stay armed and alert...
I hope you're right (about being too busy for more executive orders), but he's good with the bait and switch, as well as surprise 'Friday' night scribble sessions that don't see the day of light until Monday or next news cycle. And just what happens when there's more criminals on the street and ammo availability becomes compromised.

I hope you're right (about being too busy for more executive orders), but he's good with the bait and switch, as well as surprise 'Friday' night scribble sessions that don't see the day of light until Monday or next news cycle. And just what happens when there's more criminals on the street and ammo availability becomes compromised.
I understand and agree. The most deceptive president that I can remember, so much for that transparent administration... It's more like opaque...

As for ammo, the wise man already has his supply on the shelf... Or sufficient components to build what he may need... If he's a real wise guy, he has both
:s0133:

With so many of our powders being made outside of the U.S. I have to wonder if this would really impact much of anything here.

?????

E

With so many of our powders being made outside of the U.S. I have to wonder if this would really impact much of anything here.

?????

E

It is about storage of powders from what I understand.

I think this is another one of those things blown out of proportion. Remember when ITAR was supposed to eliminate any internet discussion of firearms and some people were saying it would be the end of NWFA?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top