JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
'It would be great if we Brazilians could have guns like the US'

snippet:

Brazilians used to have to prove that they had a valid reason to own a gun when they applied for a licence. That has now been simplified with a blanket rule: if you live in a high crime area, you have the right to be armed. The executive order states that people living in areas where the 2016 homicide rate was more than 10 deaths per 100,000 can apply for a weapon — in fact, four weapons. By design or otherwise, every state qualifies, meaning that up to 130 million people could now legally acquire guns.

Mr Bolsonaro, who was inaugurated on January 1 and dismisses most anti-gun arguments as "political correctness", has indicated that he wants to go further and reduce the minimum age for gun ownership from 25 to 21. He may also seek to mimic the "open carry" laws of some US states, allowing citizens to overtly carry weapons outside their homes.

From my understanding they can have 38spl, 380, 22lr and 12gauge and 4 guns max.

Still its fantastic to hear their president is actually helping them defend themselves from the criminal elements using black market arms.

Hopefully they will get the right to CC or open carry. Gotta do something about them homicide rates thats are so high yet prior to bolsonaro they had very strict gun control laws......that didn't seem to stop criminal elements from stealing from police/military.

XE: Convert BRL/USD. Brazil Real to United States Dollar
That conversion ratio. I also understand they have pretty high taxes on things so I could see a pay barrier being a real proven thing related to why some gun bills would hurt those not economically viable in the US.

Last Edited:
Increasing murder rates in Brazil caused them to institute very strict gun laws. Murders decreased for a few years and then started to skyrocket again and now they are 6 times the rate in the US.

Almost seems like the ones who turned in their guns werent the murdering type

Increasing murder rates in Brazil caused them to institute very strict gun laws. Murders decreased for a few years and then started to skyrocket again and now they are 6 times the rate in the US.

Almost seems like the ones who turned in their guns werent the murdering type
But according to anti-gun politicians criminals do obey laws! After all, why would they be called criminals if they didn't commit crime? :rolleyes:

Good on the Brazilians. It is a beautiful country, but the crime has always been a serious situation there. And what a shocker that the past gun control was a complete failure. :s0165:

I have family down in neighboring Argentina. The last I checked, gun ownership there is possible, with a license, which is renewed every five years. The process is, naturally, obnoxious, but still possible for those with the patience and means. I've corresponded with a collector down there over the years. I found it amusing they have access to some "forbidden fruit" we can't import (e.g., foreign built semi-autos stopped by the Bush-era import ban, Russian guns, Chinese guns, et. al.). One example was a small batch of Soviet PSM pistols in 5.45×18㎜, which is pretty much unobtanium here.

But I've meandered off-topic enough. :)

An acquaintance of mine in Buenos Aires collect all kinds of guns, but has a HUGE collection of vintage pre-WW2 .22 rifles of all kinds from Germany. He is, however, crazy rich, which can never do any harm.

Last Edited:
Do they have an ammunition round limit per firearm that you are allowed to keep in your home according to this new law?

And if a person only owned one or two firearms would you be allowed to stock, in your home, the same amount (Quantity-bulk.) of ammunition as if you owned the 4 firearms total?

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads