JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just go with flesh colored if IWB :s0140:
1716440218390.png

In a perfect world, bead blasted stainless would be my preference. That way I can touch them up whenever they get scratched. Realistically, options are limited for those though. Polished stainless would be another easy one to keep nice looking. I do like a nice deep blue finish though too.
Satin stainless shows wear lines faster than most blued guns I've owned.

The "newer" coatings and chemical treatments, such as nitrocarburizing (Duty Treat, E-treat, melanite, diamond black and other brand names) and DLC are virtually scratch proof.
Anything that would scratch them would leave a worse mark on stainless, be it brushed, bead blasted or polished.

But I don't mind scratches:

View attachment 1885644
View attachment 1885645
View attachment 1885647

mostly agree, but I have a 2 tone Sig and a Steyr that look ok. As it goes, the Steyr is more "burnt bronze" and the Steyr a bit more green, but considering the range of FDE shades, (sometimes on one gun- SCAR), I'll count em....
View attachment 1885648
View attachment 1885649
I want no more safe queens, i am putting wear on mine!

I either want black or stainless, but one I wanted was always out of stock after being a top pick last year so when it came in and was FDE, bought it in FDE...

It is always concealed so no one is going to see it but me.

I'm not a fan of fde and agree that stainless is the best finish (for me). I also don't like green. Having said that I do kinda like the sig 1911 railed gun in fde. I bought a Walther 1911 .22 for less than $300 because their black one with really bold white lettering did not look as good to my eye.

170874FB-6ABE-40CB-8081-A08BC3619210.jpeg

Most of my pistols are black, chrome or brushed steel, but I do have a gen 1 M&P 40C in FDE and black. I don't have one specific color for pistols, it just depends on what tickles my berries.

Ray m&p.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads