Books on conceal carry specific to WA state?

Reactions
Is there such a thing? I'd like to educate myself as much as I can about the law. I've got questions about the legality of drawing your weapon without your life being undeniably in jeopardy. Can you intimidate with a gun? Or if you draw it, should it only be to take their life over yours?

Any recommendations would be great!

Reactions
Ok, this is not specific to Wa, but, I am sure you will find helpfull. I got it at OFA several years ago: "The Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning". Will help lay a solid foundation over which to build your SD skills and response.

I don't know about WA, but, i think pretty much everywhere, drawing a firearm, even if you do not shoot, is a life changing event. There are exceptions, of course. Check this old thread I started a couple of years ago for more on the topic.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/strategies-tactics-training/80765-street-robberies-you-basics.html

Reactions
Two things ,maybe 3
Read everything on the link Nwcid provided
You can draw your weapon to stop a felony

But for me,I don't plan on just pointing my gun at anyone. Next thing you know they have the gun instead of you.
Or they come back with a weapon.

And fourth,I hope I never have any reason to pull my gun on anyone.

Dave Workman

Reactions
Is there such a thing? I'd like to educate myself as much as I can about the law. I've got questions about the legality of drawing your weapon without your life being undeniably in jeopardy. Can you intimidate with a gun? Or if you draw it, should it only be to take their life over yours?

If you get over to Bellevue, hit Wade's or West Coast Armory...they have books in stock.

Reactions

Uh.... what? Intimidate with a gun? What are you, gangsta?

Did you read the relevant RCW, or are you just strapping up to "go out and play"? You should read that laws. It will take you about 20 minutes. They're on the internet, which means you're already paying to access it.

Reactions
Ah, but unlike black and white statutes, a book explains them

;)
It's not MA Dave, the laws in WA actually make sense since they're in plain english. Besides, you don't want some author of questionable knowledge explaining them. You want a lawyer with relevant training to do that.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    My Go To For FTF Transfers and The only FFL I ship to.
    I use a Cut Above for Everything firearm related. I'm in there for something at least weekly. The team is great and the prices are great. You...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    They make transfers very easy
    My preferred place for transfers. The staff has always been very friendly. Even with the background checks sometimes taking forever, they are...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    1.00 star(s)
    met a member to sell a gun
    worst experience I have ever had treated as tho i was stealing from them have you ever met someone and with that initial moment you know there's...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome store
    been shopping here for years now, so has my grandfather. they provide excellent services
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
Top Bottom