JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there such a thing? I'd like to educate myself as much as I can about the law. I've got questions about the legality of drawing your weapon without your life being undeniably in jeopardy. Can you intimidate with a gun? Or if you draw it, should it only be to take their life over yours?

Any recommendations would be great!

Ok, this is not specific to Wa, but, I am sure you will find helpfull. I got it at OFA several years ago: "The Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning". Will help lay a solid foundation over which to build your SD skills and response.

I don't know about WA, but, i think pretty much everywhere, drawing a firearm, even if you do not shoot, is a life changing event. There are exceptions, of course. Check this old thread I started a couple of years ago for more on the topic.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/strategies-tactics-training/80765-street-robberies-you-basics.html

Two things ,maybe 3
Read everything on the link Nwcid provided
You can draw your weapon to stop a felony

But for me,I don't plan on just pointing my gun at anyone. Next thing you know they have the gun instead of you.
Or they come back with a weapon.

And fourth,I hope I never have any reason to pull my gun on anyone.

Is there such a thing? I'd like to educate myself as much as I can about the law. I've got questions about the legality of drawing your weapon without your life being undeniably in jeopardy. Can you intimidate with a gun? Or if you draw it, should it only be to take their life over yours?

If you get over to Bellevue, hit Wade's or West Coast Armory...they have books in stock.

Uh.... what? Intimidate with a gun? What are you, gangsta?

Did you read the relevant RCW, or are you just strapping up to "go out and play"? You should read that laws. It will take you about 20 minutes. They're on the internet, which means you're already paying to access it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top