JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to make sure that this news was spread far and wide.

While the ad would lead you to believe that a young middle-schooler (or thereabouts) kid was gunned down in a tragic scenario...reality is something else.

The "kid" was 20 years old when he died, having purposefully gone to a gang fight, where he was shot.

Meanwhile, his mom hasn't come to terms with his death and is still blaming the guns, stating, "if the guns had not been there, my child would still be here."

Ma'am, if guns hadn't been there, your son would have been beaten to death with a baseball bat, or some other weapon. Fact is, he reneged on his dream of playing in the NFL in order to rub shoulders with gangs, probably giving no thought to the violence that would flood that path through life.

Sources:

There are no gun control laws aimed at saving lives. The same people who champion gun laws and making more gun laws, also champion doing less and less to criminals. Becomes kind of pointless as most who vote for more gun laws choose to remain ignorant, vote on emotion and will hear no facts, or know full well they just want control of people. The only thing we can hope will change is those who want to keep freedom will get out and vote. Not sit home and repeat the tired old line that we are outnumbered so our vote means nothing. Election is coming up. Hopefully this time we will see some change in freedom loving people actually bothering to try to keep freedom.

Would you expect anything less from an anti gun left winger?
Actually, yea. I mean, given the gang violence and number of poor kids actually killed by gang violence, I figured they'd find one that actually fit the story.

This story combined with the fact that the guy was wrapped up in gang violence...he's not a victim in the least.

So is the Bloomberg team that deceptive or that inept?

Last Edited:
Actually, yea. I mean, given the gang violence and number of poor kids actually killed by gang violence, I figured they'd find one that actually fit the story.

This story combined with the fact that the guy was wrapped up in gun violence...he's not a victim in the least.

So is the Bloomberg team that deceptive or that inept?
Bloomberg is not an idiot. He knows full well what he is doing. He knows the gun laws are NOT aimed at saving any lives. He is not trying to save lives, he is trying to get elected. This is how it's done. Play to emotion.

Bloomberg is not an idiot. He knows full well what he is doing. He knows the gun laws are NOT aimed at saving any lives. He is not trying to save lives, he is trying to get elected. This is how it's done. Play to emotion.

I agree with your sentiment but it seems awful risky to use as your backdrop for children being shot, a 20 yo gang banger killed during a gang rumble. I mean, did nobody step back and ask "ok, when Fox fact checks this, what are they going to say?"

I agree with your sentiment but it seems awful risky to use as your backdrop for children being shot, a 20 yo gang banger killed during a gang rumble. I mean, did nobody step back and ask "ok, when Fox fact checks this, what are they going to say?"
Why? Look what "field" he is running for? They are all super anti gun. So why would he be at risk here. Look at what any of the people he is running to beat for the nod say about guns. None of them are going to call him out on this. Now if he was running for the GOP nod I could see it being a risk. The ticket he is trying to win is all in on these lies. Now a LOT of the people in that party do own guns and do not like these new laws. Sadly wayyyyyyyy too many of them will vote for the letter after the name no matte what though. So I can't see how this is a risk for him at all. "Fact checking" ie, showing hypocrisy, is never going to happen to to him. Some right leaning news will of course point this out but the voters he is seeking will never hear the truth on the "news" they watch. :mad:

Didn't watch the bowl.. read this on Stop Oregon Gun Ban. From Reason magazine:

Michael Bloomberg's Super Bowl ad, which presents the Democratic presidential contender as a brave advocate of public safety who is not afraid to take on "the gun lobby," claims "2,900 children die from gun violence every year" in the United States, which is not true. That number includes young adults as well as minors, and it includes suicides as well as homicides.

Bloomberg's campaign cited Everytown for Gun Safety, a Bloomberg-backed group, as the source of the number used in the ad.

Michael Bloomberg's Claim About 'Children' Killed by 'Gun Violence' Is Off by 73%

Typical lies... I don't expect anything else. The problem is that it has an emotional impact that will not be displaced by any amount of post bowlgame thinking or fact checking.

Why? Look what "field" he is running for? They are all super anti gun. So why would he be at risk here. ...

Preface: I'm glad Bloomberg screwed the pooch on this ad.

The point of spending $10m on a political ad (to at least some extent) during the primary, is to go beyond the base and influence independents who may be on the fence about guns, perhaps enough to join the DNC and vote for him. His base already knows he is rabidly anti-gun so it won't help him there unless he gets new voters. Secondly, other Democrats are evaluating his ability to win against trump. An unforced error like this will give them pause because they will see it -- rightly -- as giving freebies to Trump. It was a boneheaded strategy to spend so much money on an advertisement that was so easily debunked. This is why I think it isn't going to help him.

Meh, I don't think it was about his political prospects at all! I think it was a straight play on anti-gun bias. Same same, nothing new here, he's been doing it since Newtown!!! And $10M is nothing for a guy that is worth $70B.

Furthermore, Doomberg hasn't been getting very far with his gun control efforts despite funding Everytown, backing anti-gun candidates, and promoting new gun control laws. At least not as fast as I think he would like it to happen. The guy is 77yrs old and getting kind of long in the tooth. I believe his candidacy is fake, he knows he doesn't stand a chance. But what does he get for it, what does he want? Well, remember he is a financial wizard... his campaign gets him free publicity for his views/agenda, and this leverages every dollar he spends! That's what a financial genius does!!!

Nope, Mike doesn't know Sh!t about guns or what he is trying to legislate into oblivion, yet he pops off about how important it is to remove our rights from us! He assumes FAR too much, and cant even back up his plans with actual facts, something he has spend MILLIONS on!
You would think a person spending that kind of cash on something this big, he would at least take the time to learn about what it is he is spending all his money on, and would at least try to make sense when speaking about it! NOPE, he spends obscene amounts of money on his plan and doesn't even care where all that money goes, as long as it goes against gun owners and the 2nd rights!

Check this out!

Nope, Mike doesn't know Sh!t about guns or what he is trying to legislate into oblivion, yet he pops off about how important it is to remove our rights from us! He assumes FAR too much, and cant even back up his plans with actual facts, something he has spend MILLIONS on!
You would think a person spending that kind of cash on something this big, he would at least take the time to learn about what it is he is spending all his money on, and would at least try to make sense when speaking about it! NOPE, he spends obscene amounts of money on his plan and doesn't even care where all that money goes, as long as it goes against gun owners and the 2nd rights!

Check this out!
Early in my career I looked up at managers, directors, VP, etc. and thought "damn, how do I get there? These people know they're stuff."

Now I realize that there are a vast majority of people who make a lot of money who, if born in any other situation, would be struggling to make middle class.

How does one run a business, take in market information, and then be this dumb on an issue, especially one they make a cornerstone of their social policy?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top