JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to wonder if another brand of gun would have held together better.

Or a tighter aftermarket barrel and new brass and anything that could prevent premature opening of chamber.
Or maybe not loading the rounds to around 20% over the max recommended? That would probably stop things like this from happening also.
Sheesh. Who couldn't see this coming?

That's something I don't ever want to experience! Glad it just messed with the gun. However, to those saying way overloaded, my Lyman 49th shows a load of AA#7 at 9.0gr-10.6gr with a 200gr JACKETED bullet. AA#7 is just a smidge faster powder than Longshot. A possibility of higher pressure peak? Seems to me there is a possibility that the Glock barrel style may have caused the BOOM and not the load?

Or maybe not loading the rounds to around 20% over the max recommended? That would probably stop things like this from happening also.
Sheesh. Who couldn't see this coming?
Agreed. Blaming ANY gun for loading 20% over max is a fools game. But hey it was a Glock that let go so you know….low hanging fruit. ;)

That's something I don't ever want to experience! Glad it just messed with the gun. However, to those saying way overloaded, my Lyman 49th shows a load of AA#7 at 9.0gr-10.6gr with a 200gr JACKETED bullet. AA#7 is just a smidge faster powder than Longshot. A possibility of higher pressure peak? Seems to me there is a possibility that the Glock barrel style may have caused the BOOM and not the load?
So you've been reloading sooo long and have sooo much experience that you know more than the powder manufacturer about what an over pressure load is?

So you've been reloading sooo long and have sooo much experience that you know more than the powder manufacturer about what an over pressure load is?
Well certainly I don't know as much as you do! I bow before your greatness and avert my eyes, as I am not worthy. :(

I was just throwing out an idea here. Sorry dad, I'll try to be more careful with throwing ideas out here in the future. I didn't realize that the Lyman manual was not worthy of your consideration.

I have ALWAY's treated the load tables as "coming from god". I have known many rollers who loved pushing the limit and beyond but to me? I had no desire to risk my guns and or my fingers. When I had a powder and bullet combo that was not exact I would error on the low side for just this reason.

I have ALWAY's treated the load tables as "coming from god". I have known many rollers who loved pushing the limit and beyond but to me? I had no desire to risk my guns and or my fingers. When I had a powder and bullet combo that was not exact I would error on the low side for just this reason.
Absolutely! That's the way I roll. If I dare say that. :s0131:

Well certainly I don't know as much as you do! I bow before your greatness and avert my eyes, as I am not worthy. :(

I was just throwing out an idea here. Sorry dad, I'll try to be more careful with throwing ideas out here in the future. I didn't realize that the Lyman manual was not worthy of your consideration.
Mike, I have several of the Lyman books, that is not the issue. The issue is you saying AA#7 load data should apply to Longshot powder. They are not the same even though they are used in similar applications.

Mike, I have several of the Lyman books, that is not the issue. The issue is you saying AA#7 load data should apply to Longshot powder. They are not the same even though they are used in similar applications.
No you're the issue, or you comprehend well. I didn't say they were intercha. No, you be you, master. not worth anymore of my time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top