JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider adding a hygiene kit including mini-toothbrush & paste, handwipes, TP/kleenex, dental floss (can be extracted from paracord, but is also useful as line), etc

Determine your critical failure points like fire and water and have at least two-ways of achieving that end. Also, consider items that have dual purpose. For example a bottle of iodine can treat water and work as a disinfectant. Container to boil water is the secondary means of water treatment. (add some vitamin C powder or tablets to your kit if using Iodine to treat water. They'll remove the flavor and make the water more palatable)

Also, consider adding work gloves-- Something like Atlas gloves give good grip even when wet, protect against sharp edges, give some good warmth and are VERY cheap! I include safety glasses as well. A minor eye injury could easily be fatal in an emergency.

I bought something very similar to this outside of Leavenworth at a custom knife shop. On sale it was 10 bucks. Elk ridge ER 272 8inch axe. It fits easily in a bob. Easier to baton with and also if I need to do more serious cutting the para cord "grip" can be used to lasher it to a notched handle I can make from any handy wood if necessary while Putin the boonies. I spend for my Bob on the cheap if I can except my SD 2nd Amendment tools I don't compromise too much on. I will do a little reinforcing on this things' sheath to keep it more secure. Like I said it was cheap. The need to cut any thing larger and I'll use a folding Swedish saw. If weight weren't an issue I would take a double bitted cruiser axe.

My current big knife for the BoB scenarios is more of a fighting knife so this little hatchet is my ticket for baton ink. Later I'll get a more survival type knife from Schrade.

Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads