JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider adding a hygiene kit including mini-toothbrush & paste, handwipes, TP/kleenex, dental floss (can be extracted from paracord, but is also useful as line), etc

Determine your critical failure points like fire and water and have at least two-ways of achieving that end. Also, consider items that have dual purpose. For example a bottle of iodine can treat water and work as a disinfectant. Container to boil water is the secondary means of water treatment. (add some vitamin C powder or tablets to your kit if using Iodine to treat water. They'll remove the flavor and make the water more palatable)

Also, consider adding work gloves-- Something like Atlas gloves give good grip even when wet, protect against sharp edges, give some good warmth and are VERY cheap! I include safety glasses as well. A minor eye injury could easily be fatal in an emergency.

I bought something very similar to this outside of Leavenworth at a custom knife shop. On sale it was 10 bucks. Elk ridge ER 272 8inch axe. It fits easily in a bob. Easier to baton with and also if I need to do more serious cutting the para cord "grip" can be used to lasher it to a notched handle I can make from any handy wood if necessary while Putin the boonies. I spend for my Bob on the cheap if I can except my SD 2nd Amendment tools I don't compromise too much on. I will do a little reinforcing on this things' sheath to keep it more secure. Like I said it was cheap. The need to cut any thing larger and I'll use a folding Swedish saw. If weight weren't an issue I would take a double bitted cruiser axe.

My current big knife for the BoB scenarios is more of a fighting knife so this little hatchet is my ticket for baton ink. Later I'll get a more survival type knife from Schrade.

Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top