JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...I need to get a small pot for boiling water.

If you don't have backpacking cook stuff already, other alternatives can be:

Old school canteen cups.

Grease pots, like such: https://www.amazon.com/Stanco-GS1200-Non-Stick-Grease-Strainer/dp/B000MVTIOQ

Upside to canteen cups is they normally have handles. Example: 4/$19+shipping at Sportsmans Guide French Military Surplus Butterfly Canteen Cups, 4 Pack, Used - 197035, Canteens & Hydration at Sportsman's Guide

Grease pots you have to finagle something, like a lightweight camp cooking pot wrench or a wire handle.

upload_2019-6-19_9-46-17.jpeg
upload_2019-6-19_9-46-46.jpeg

My food choices and what I carry are different for my BOB then they are for my GHB. My GHB is much lighter with stuff I don't have to cook so I can move quickly. As my main focus is to get home safe to loved ones.

Dude... I was kinda the same way but had eaten them a couple times as a young kid so when I saw how nutrient dense and good for you they are I bought some at Costco.

I had to sorta force myself but by the time I was done I was hooked.

It's very very similar to canned tuna in oil. The stuff at Costco is de skinned and de headed so it doesn't even really look like fish. Fresh caught and canned in olive oil.

Stuff is super good for you. I'd challenge anyone who isn't against seafood to at least try a quality can. Doesn't need refridgeration and lasts a few years.

Dude... I was kinda the same way but had eaten them a couple times as a young kid so when I saw how nutrient dense and good for you they are I bought some at Costco.

I had to sorta force myself but by the time I was done I was hooked.

It's very very similar to canned tuna in oil. The stuff at Costco is de skinned and de headed so it doesn't even really look like fish. Fresh caught and canned in olive oil.

Stuff is super good for you. I'd challenge anyone who isn't against seafood to at least try a quality can. Doesn't need refridgeration and lasts a few years.

Next time you have some I will try but we better be in the woods in case I yak!! :p:D

Next time you have some I will try but we better be in the woods in case I yak!! :p:D
I like the canned fish. I grew up with my dad sharing a tin of kippered herrings with me on Saturdays so thus my affinity for them. Some people have a hard time digesting them though so I can see why they aren't that popular. As @Joe13 said, they are nutritionally packed. I like to go to the Asian groceries and buy the small cans. They are really cheap and you can usually find a huge variety at these places.

I always keep some granola and jerky. But, after having been homeless for a period in my mid 20s (that recession hit hard for me), I know what you can get away with eating from a dumpster.

I am absolutely not joking.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top